New Found Respect (My Opinion) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Found Respect (My Opinion)

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Found Respect (My Opinion)

Postby Ripcord » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:22 pm

OK so after week four i have decided to get back to writing my little article. I have decided to highlight a few guys that after the begining of the season i have a new found respect for.

Brett Farve- Okay I totally wrote this team off after the loss of 2 of the best Guards in the NFL. I figured that this team would suck the whole season with no d, no oline and the old ass of Farve behind that makeshift line. I was right, then after the loss of walker i knew there was nothing to this team. But after watching the Monday Nighter I realised one thing that i overlooked in this team, Brett Farves Heart and Fire. This man has 1 thing that Manning and Culpepper and McNabb don't have, he has this burning desire in him that just gets his team fired up, He has this way of making it work even when he has nothing around him to do it with. I mean honestly after the 3rd quarter i thought this team was cooked, then i watched Farve, he has something in his eyes that just screams passion and a never give up attitude, He rallied all those filler second string guys to pick-up there game and they did. He even fired up the deffense to get off of their ass and make plays and they did. Now they ended the game on a poor note but i mean come on who wasn't hoping for that wonderful comeback. After watching this i can honestly say that I think the Pack can turn it around and with the weak division get into the playoff's I am not a new found Packer i am a new found Brett Farve fan. Big Respect for this guy.

Stephan Davis- Holy crap I totally wrote him off I treated this guy as if he retired, I even said that after the surgery I would rather draft Mike Turner then this chump, wow was i wrong. This guy is the perfect back for the Panthers. After watching this guy against the Pats I thought holy ... he's back, I had him in his good Washington day and the first year in Carolina. But man he's just a TD machine. Of all the backs that i had rated this guy was by far the most impressive, I can actually say that i am more impressed with Davis then I am with Cadi, which is huge but i had caddy pegged as top 20 anyway. Big Respect to mr Davis

Thomas Jones- Keeping with the theme of guys who i said i would never draft, I said Thomas Jones wouldn't see the feild more then 50 plays this season, and well after week 4 i think he has more then that in carries and has looked like the only bright spot on the Bears O, so man after thinking I'm so knowledgeable with these runningbacks I was seriously wrong on 2 occasions. I think adventuallly Benson will get in there but as long as Jones stays healthy i don't see Benson getting any opportunitys.

Keenan McCardell- Ok what the hell, this guy was actually rated third on the Chargers for WR, This guy was apparently too old and would make way for Parker and Caldwell to step up and be the top wr's. What the hell happened this guy is like 3rd in td's for wr's he's got freakin 5 td's, this one completely blindsided me, i mean he's been the perfect wr to compliment LT and Gates, can you say pro-bowl.

I have a few more but anyone else with some mad props to any guy can write some down i would love to hear them.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Found Respect (My Opinion)

Postby dave416 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Ripcord wrote:OK so after week four i have decided to get back to writing my little article. I have decided to highlight a few guys that after the begining of the season i have a new found respect for.

Brett Farve- Okay I totally wrote this team off after the loss of 2 of the best Guards in the NFL. I figured that this team would suck the whole season with no d, no oline and the old ass of Farve behind that makeshift line. I was right, then after the loss of walker i knew there was nothing to this team. But after watching the Monday Nighter I realised one thing that i overlooked in this team, Brett Farves Heart and Fire. This man has 1 thing that Manning and Culpepper and McNabb don't have, he has this burning desire in him that just gets his team fired up, He has this way of making it work even when he has nothing around him to do it with. I mean honestly after the 3rd quarter i thought this team was cooked, then i watched Farve, he has something in his eyes that just screams passion and a never give up attitude, He rallied all those filler second string guys to pick-up there game and they did. He even fired up the deffense to get off of their ass and make plays and they did. Now they ended the game on a poor note but i mean come on who wasn't hoping for that wonderful comeback. After watching this i can honestly say that I think the Pack can turn it around and with the weak division get into the playoff's I am not a new found Packer i am a new found Brett Farve fan. Big Respect for this guy.

Stephan Davis- Holy crap I totally wrote him off I treated this guy as if he retired, I even said that after the surgery I would rather draft Mike Turner then this chump, wow was i wrong. This guy is the perfect back for the Panthers. After watching this guy against the Pats I thought holy shit he's back, I had him in his good Washington day and the first year in Carolina. But man he's just a TD machine. Of all the backs that i had rated this guy was by far the most impressive, I can actually say that i am more impressed with Davis then I am with Cadi, which is huge but i had caddy pegged as top 20 anyway. Big Respect to mr Davis

Thomas Jones- Keeping with the theme of guys who i said i would never draft, I said Thomas Jones wouldn't see the feild more then 50 plays this season, and well after week 4 i think he has more then that in carries and has looked like the only bright spot on the Bears O, so man after thinking I'm so knowledgeable with these runningbacks I was seriously wrong on 2 occasions. I think adventuallly Benson will get in there but as long as Jones stays healthy i don't see Benson getting any opportunitys.

Keenan McCardell- Ok what the hell, this guy was actually rated third on the Chargers for WR, This guy was apparently too old and would make way for Parker and Caldwell to step up and be the top wr's. What the hell happened this guy is like 3rd in td's for wr's he's got freakin 5 td's, this one completely blindsided me, i mean he's been the perfect wr to compliment LT and Gates, can you say pro-bowl.

I have a few more but anyone else with some mad props to any guy can write some down i would love to hear them.

I don't think that this is a fair assessment at all.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Ripcord » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:29 pm

I do have you ever watched Manning, McNabb in the superbowl or C-Pep anytime this year, i mean come on they just don't have that fire, they are great QB's but come on look at them Manning has a great team around him and McNabb is the same, and we can see what happens when the vikes fall apart on O C-pep is useless, Trust me if farve had the weapons of manning then we would have a new reigning mvp.
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dave416 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:35 pm

Ripcord wrote:I do have you ever watched Manning, McNabb in the superbowl or C-Pep anytime this year, i mean come on they just don't have that fire, they are great QB's but come on look at them Manning has a great team around him and McNabb is the same, and we can see what happens when the vikes fall apart on O C-pep is useless, Trust me if farve had the weapons of manning then we would have a new reigning mvp.

So you are saying that anyone with an arsenal of weapons is immune to a fire and passion for the game? And, in my opinion, to say that the Colts would be a better team with Favre is ludacris.

Also, just because McNabb and Manning have lost championship games doesn't mean that they have no fire. You can have fire without showing outward emotion.
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Ripcord » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:41 pm

Well it is my opinion, and yes as funny as it sounds I do think that with Farve in the colts system they would be better, cause they would have some left over peyton money to help the d, not that the d han't stepped it up this year, but i mean come on how long will it last, I think Peyton will be a hall of fame QB, but i bet he never wins a super bowl, Oh and no a guy who has a lot of weapons isn't immune to having fire, but Peyton just doesn't have it, guys who have a fire in them are guys like Leftwhich and Farve who play no matter what and can come back from anything. ( I said Leftwhich just cause the guy is as tough as nails and I remember in collage when he broke his leg and his o-line had to carry him to the next play, now that is tough, god I have mad respect for that kind of stuff)
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm

Ripcord wrote:I do have you ever watched Manning, McNabb in the superbowl or C-Pep anytime this year, i mean come on they just don't have that fire, they are great QB's but come on look at them Manning has a great team around him and McNabb is the same, and we can see what happens when the vikes fall apart on O C-pep is useless, Trust me if farve had the weapons of manning then we would have a new reigning mvp.

the exhortation, "come on" is hardly justification for placing favre's enthusiasm over that of his peers. i have repeatedly read that manning & harrison are consistently the first ones to arrive and last ones to leave practice. mcnabb's body is ruined, his loud-mouth wr talks noise about him, and he guts it out. c-pep bugs me, so i can't muster the energy to defend him.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Do you need a little kechup or mustard to go along with the crow your eating.
I read an article where Terry Bradshaw pretty much admitted how wrong he was for second guessing Joe Gibbs.
It's good that you can admit those things, I commend you ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:49 pm

Ripcord wrote:Well it is my opinion, and yes as funny as it sounds I do think that with Farve in the colts system they would be better, cause they would have some left over peyton money to help the d, not that the d han't stepped it up this year, but i mean come on how long will it last, I think Peyton will be a hall of fame QB, but i bet he never wins a super bowl, Oh and no a guy who has a lot of weapons isn't immune to having fire, but Peyton just doesn't have it, guys who have a fire in them are guys like Leftwhich and Farve who play no matter what and can come back from anything. ( I said Leftwhich just cause the guy is as tough as nails and I remember in collage when he broke his leg and his o-line had to carry him to the next play, now that is tough, god I have mad respect for that kind of shit)

Well I guess that we will agree to disagree.
Here is the thing about fire. Yes, sometimes like watching Leftwich play with his leg shows this fire outwardly. But, I do not know these people personally, and I can't see inside the locker room, so I don't think its fair to accuse someone of not having a passion for the game by merely watching them every Sunday on
TV.

And with the Farve with the Colts thing, I still think its ridiculous, but it is sketchy since you are assuming they would have gotten him cheaply and that would free up room for D.

We disagree, what are you going to do.
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Ripcord » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:53 pm

OK well, I'm going to say this again they are good QB's but have you seen manning play, he is great, but when things go wrong he can't fight back, when the wheels fall off there is no hope, which is why they can't beat the Pats, Lots of Heart against no Heart, I mean please if you think Manning has fire that's fine your wrong but that's ok, he has even had team mates say he has no heart, I really like manning and had him in my fantasy league, but in really life stats don't mean you have fire they just mean your really good at what you do.
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ripcord » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:56 pm

No bye watching them every sunday you can't see if they are all fired up in the locker room, but you can tell if they are fired up on the feild and isn't that where it counts?
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk