New Found Respect (My Opinion) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Found Respect (My Opinion)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jjigglers » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Ripcord wrote:Well it is my opinion, and yes as funny as it sounds I do think that with Farve in the colts system they would be better, cause they would have some left over peyton money to help the d, not that the d han't stepped it up this year, but i mean come on how long will it last, I think Peyton will be a hall of fame QB, but i bet he never wins a super bowl, Oh and no a guy who has a lot of weapons isn't immune to having fire, but Peyton just doesn't have it, guys who have a fire in them are guys like Leftwhich and Farve who play no matter what and can come back from anything. ( I said Leftwhich just cause the guy is as tough as nails and I remember in collage when he broke his leg and his o-line had to carry him to the next play, now that is tough, god I have mad respect for that kind of shit)

One, single period.

I'm actually in the same boat as you, though, since I wrote off Stephen Davis and McCardell before the season started, and also wrote off Favre after his slow start. We'll see if these guys all keep it up.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:19 pm

Ripcord wrote:guys who have a fire in them are guys like Leftwhich and Farve who play no matter what and can come back from anything. ( I said Leftwhich just cause the guy is as tough as nails and I remember in collage when he broke his leg and his o-line had to carry him to the next play, now that is tough, god I have mad respect for that kind of shit)

While I understand where you're coming from about Favre having tons of heart. He's one of the few players I don't think you can ever count out, ever, but I just find it a little ironic, that you mention Leftwich having heart for playing while injured yet you're completely neglecting that McNabb played his best game with a broken leg, that he played half of 2003 with an injured thumb, that he's putting together what is currently an NFL MVP worthy season right now with a chest contusion, sports hernia, and god knows what else. To me, I can't see how one of them gets credit for having heart and the other doesn't. Its inconsistent to me.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:23 pm

Hey...wait a minute....Ripcord, are you John Madden in disguise? :-b
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby s0meguy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:32 pm

Regarding Favre vs Manning, McNabb, Culpepper -

Favre made guys like Antonio Freeman look like pro bowlers and himself put up MVP numbers. Thats mind boggling in comparison to McNabb before TO, Culpepper after Moss, and Peyton before he had arguably the best reciever trio in the league.

The Packer superbowl team wasn't that great. They finished 13-3 that year, but with a Tom Brady type QB instead of Favre they would have probably been around 9-7 and not made it to the championship game.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Warhawk » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:45 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Ripcord wrote:guys who have a fire in them are guys like Leftwhich and Farve who play no matter what and can come back from anything. ( I said Leftwhich just cause the guy is as tough as nails and I remember in collage when he broke his leg and his o-line had to carry him to the next play, now that is tough, god I have mad respect for that kind of shit)

While I understand where you're coming from about Favre having tons of heart. He's one of the few players I don't think you can ever count out, ever, but I just find it a little ironic, that you mention Leftwich having heart for playing while injured yet you're completely neglecting that McNabb played his best game with a broken leg, that he played half of 2003 with an injured thumb, that he's putting together what is currently an NFL MVP worthy season right now with a chest contusion, sports hernia, and god knows what else. To me, I can't see how one of them gets credit for having heart and the other doesn't. Its inconsistent to me.

Aren't you guys forgetting something? Manning broke his jaw in 2001, and was out for how long?

One play.

Oh, and I'm sure you know that Favre has the record for most consecutive starts of a QB.

You know who's second? It's tied.

Ron Jaworski and... Peyton Manning.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:17 am

s0meguy wrote:Regarding Favre vs Manning, McNabb, Culpepper -

Favre made guys like Antonio Freeman look like pro bowlers and himself put up MVP numbers. Thats mind boggling in comparison to McNabb before TO, Culpepper after Moss, and Peyton before he had arguably the best reciever trio in the league.

The Packer superbowl team wasn't that great. They finished 13-3 that year, but with a Tom Brady type QB instead of Favre they would have probably been around 9-7 and not made it to the championship game.

that's not much of an argument. Any of these teams would have the same problem, colts, eagles etc. would be much worse without their qb's.

And I think you are underrating freeman. A qb can "make" a wr look good, but the guy still has to catch the ball. a good wr can mask mistakes too -- it cuts both ways. and frankly, levens was good in the day. And you can't tell me the defense "wasn't that good"
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Warhawk » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:47 am

Also, about Tom Brady, I think that if you say that Brady, Manning, and Mcnabb don't have passion and fire and Favre does, I think that you are saying that Favre is the only QB in the history of the NFL that has ever had passion or fire for the game.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Teh Jury » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:34 am

You guys know that Brett spells his last name F-A-V-R-E right? K thanks.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:59 am

attention, grammar police!

I know that, but sometimes you type the way you talk.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fool42 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:07 pm

My one comment on this issue is that Manning is a great QB almost Robotic. Favre just know how to win. He's not a perfect passer his form isn't great he makes bad decisions but in the end he knows how to shrug off adversity and win. Farve may not a better QB in Indy's scheme than Manning but they very well could've/could won/win a couple SB's with Favre at the helm.
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk