Don't panic or this may happen to you - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Don't panic or this may happen to you

Moderator: Football Moderators

Don't panic or this may happen to you

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:03 pm

The blood is barely dry from Sunday’s carnage and already the wheeling and dealing has begun. In my league there is a trade that could upset the competitive balance of the league. Team A wants to trade LT to team B for Moss and Gary. Problem is that team B already has Ricky Williams! I would have offered team A a much better deal for LT, but who knew! Oh, and team A’s backfield will consist of Tiki and Gary. :-t

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:05 pm

Veto it. LT won't play like that all season.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sikoskul » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:15 pm

Sounds like a great deal for the team getting LT. Veto if you can, then email the owner giving up LT and ask him what he's smoking and if you can get some of that.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 13 Ghosts » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:07 pm

major veto, unless offer for draft pick (1st round for next year).. I would wait in midseason to see how lt2 do. It just a first game...
Memory is like a book, but I forgot because I lost my bookmark
13 Ghosts
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:25 pm

It's not a trade I would do, but it is definately NOT vetoable. Sure LT has hype, but gary is a starting back, and Moss is one of the best WR's, and he actually produced on sunday. Let it go through, but it sucks that one guy has LT and Ricky...unfortunately you can't judge a trade on what team already has what players, you judge a trade on whether or not there is collusion, or one party is not aware of an injury/revelation, etc.

Since both sides know what they're getting, let it be. Personally I don't think Ricky is as good as people say he is. Let it be. A veto can ruin league chemistry...
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby anth » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:31 pm

the only reason a trade should be vetoed is if one team is tanking to try to help another team. This doesn't sound like that's happening. You can't regulate stupidity and you can't force someone to value a player the same as you
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:15 pm

I would let it go thru.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby tomkatt » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:08 pm

I don't think you should veto it, but man does that suck when some idiot turns the league upside down with a trade like that.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:11 pm

yup...you cant veto it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:22 pm

I would absolutely veto that. LT was almost certainly a top five pick, while Moss may or may not have been taken in the first round at all, and I would guess Gary wasn't drafted, depending on how much James Stewart news there was when you drafted. So this early in the season, it comes down to draft order for me when vetoing a trade (of course there's exceptions, but I don't think this is one). I vetoed one earlier this year (Boston for James Stewart before he was hurt), and it upheld because of the huge difference in draft positions (DB was rd 3, Stewart 17). It wasn't collusion or anything, just a stupid trade that would have been a hinderance to the rest of the league. I'm not saying the protest will hold up for sure unless you have the power to make the call, but I'd give it a shot.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk