Fantasy Football Cafe: Sit/Start Week 5 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Cafe: Sit/Start Week 5

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:39 am

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Whatever. You could argue till your blue in the face over who should start/sit...it's just a guide...not a bible.

BH's Start/Sit:

Start: Peyton Manning
Sit: Priest Holmes, Randy Moss, Tiki Barber
sit randy moss???

If you didn't notice, all of BH's sits are great plays, but they're on their bye week. Start Moss if you want though, I just wish my opponent did the same.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:45 am

Is Hass that good of a start this week, with his 2 main WRs out? Do they have a lot of depth there? I think it crank's Jerramy's value way up for this week, but I'm mildly apprehensive about that start.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:07 pm

FatFoot wrote:Is Hass that good of a start this week, with his 2 main WRs out? Do they have a lot of depth there? I think it crank's Jerramy's value way up for this week, but I'm mildly apprehensive about that start.

I still think Hass is a still a solid start given that the Rams D is non-existant. Warrick in the #2 spot troubles me a bit, but he's got speed, and Joe J. has always been a pretty solid possession receiver. Stevans value definately goes way up.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby kozz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:29 pm

to whoever writes those- I don't always agree, but it's good to see someone sticking their neck out occasionally.

Agreed and thanks for the effort. I've been checking this site for awhile now only to come out of the closet and post recently. In any case, thanks for giving me something to do at work! ;-)

I still think Hass is a still a solid start given that the Rams D is non-existant.

Also agreed...however, and as unadvised as it maybe; I just traded Hass for Culpepper. Sure hope that one works out!
kozz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:46 pm

fishsauce9 wrote:Nice post Cooner..... Couldn't agree with you more on all issues. Also, if i pay you the $2 can you give BH the consultation for free?

its been a while since I read anything from BH that was actually offensive. Which you weren't saying yourself, but it leads me to my next point...

I often enjoy reading most of what BH posts, but not because they are intellectual, informative, or even helpful. However, they are funny most of the time. Humor is the spice of life ;-D
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Arlo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:17 pm

The_Dude wrote:
FatFoot wrote:Is Hass that good of a start this week, with his 2 main WRs out? Do they have a lot of depth there? I think it crank's Jerramy's value way up for this week, but I'm mildly apprehensive about that start.

I still think Hass is a still a solid start given that the Rams D is non-existant. Warrick in the #2 spot troubles me a bit, but he's got speed, and Joe J. has always been a pretty solid possession receiver. Stevans value definately goes way up.

Besides, Dan has a history of being right on his Hasselbeck calls... ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:29 pm

Cooner wrote:Oh, and by the way, I'm offering consultations on how to keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything worth saying... only $2. ;-)

You're just jealous that I've made thousands giving advice so far this year.

Fantasy football is my job. I simply play high-stakes money leagues and win tens of thousands of dollars each season. My advice paypal account has had quite a positive cashflow this season as well.

As always, it's been a very succesful year for BH and an unsuccessful year for BH hatas like yourself. Check yo self!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:57 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Cooner wrote:Oh, and by the way, I'm offering consultations on how to keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything worth saying... only $2. ;-)

You're just jealous that I've made thousands giving advice so far this year.

Fantasy football is my job. I simply play high-stakes money leagues and win tens of thousands of dollars each season. My advice paypal account has had quite a positive cashflow this season as well.

As always, it's been a very succesful year for BH and an unsuccessful year for BH hatas like yourself. Check yo self!

Hmm, big stakes huh? It seems to me that if you claim to make tens of thousands each season playing fantasy that maybe you are full of it.

Why did you post in another thread that your league entry fee was $25(below)? It seems like you would have pulled out the big pot numbers there to impress us. I'd like to see more details of these huge pots that you win so I could ooo and ahh at a high roller such as yourself.

I wouldn't pay $5 a pop for fantasy advice to anyone...I have to admit that your signature is a pretty funny joke though.

BrutallyHuge wrote:Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:18 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner of Superbowl: 75% of the pot
Loser of Superbowl: 25% of the pot

High points each week gets $30...if you lose, you put $5 towards high points...6 losers each week x $5 each = $30.

Pot is $25 entry from each player + all WW fees ($2 per add/drop).

RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:06 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Why did you post in another thread that your league entry fee was $25(below)?

It's actually $25k, but I didn't want to make anyone feel poor. Not everyone has the skillz to pay the billz like I do.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:25 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
saundman2000 wrote:Why did you post in another thread that your league entry fee was $25(below)?

It's actually $25k, but I didn't want to make anyone feel poor. Not everyone has the skillz to pay the billz like I do.

After that I just can't bring myself to believe anything you say anymore. You are providing me entertainment value, so I'll keep getting that for free instead of paying for advice.

BrutallyHuge, you got "skillz to pay the billz" ?
What is your day job?... Are you a rapper?
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner