Wild Cards: Buffalo, Denver

AFC Champ. Game: Pittsburgh over San Diego

NFC

East: Philadelphia
North: Chicago
South: Tampa Bay
West: St. Louis
Wild Cards: Green Bay, Atlanta

NFC Champ. Game: Chicago over Tampa Bay (Bucs still can't play on cold)

Super Bowl: Pittsburgh over Chicago

Off. MVP: D. McNabb, PHI
Def. MVP: B. Urlacher, CHI
Off. ROY: D. Stallworth, NO
Def. ROY: Q. Jammer, SD
Coach: M. Schottenheimer, SD

Big Steal: A. Lelie, DEN
Big Busts: R. Williams, MIA
D. Wuerfell, WAS
Bust Teams: Oakland, Miami, Washington, Baltimore
Suprise Teams: Atlanta, San Diego, Cleveland
Texans Final Record: 5-11
Tepman

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bubba08 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:06 pm

Not bad but a few corrections....
Dallas biggest surprise of the year and deserves wild card consideration. Atlanta will be 5-11 this year and Texans will be 2-14. Atlanta doesn't have a good enough D or o-line to make any kind of jump this year. If Vick goes down they are done.

Also.. Pats won't be overtaken by the Jets... Maybe Buffalo but not the Jets. Jets will have a losing season this year. Vinny's a little long in the tooth. San Diego is a team to watch but be careful because they lack depth and they are still young. Give them one more year and they are going second round of the playoffs at least.

Also Pittsburgh loses 1st round in the playoffs playing w/o Bettis because he's too fat to last 16 games let alone 19. Bucs beat Chicago in Chicago..Gruden teaches those premadonnas to eat up the cold.

Super Bowl.... Tampa over Tennessee.
Offensive MVP- Eddie George
Defensive R.O.Y- Just like it's spelled R.O.Y Williams
Bubba08

Friendliness: %

Not in my opinion.

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:08 am

I find the placement of both Miami and Washington on your list as interesting. I think both are in for a nice season, maybe Washington finishing off better than my Dolphins.

The Dolphins haven't had a losing season since 1988, when they went 6-10. They have been a team of consistent regular season excellence for more than a decade now. What other team can say that? With the addition of a stud running back, addtional depth to the O-Line, a super solid defense, and a bonified superstar in the making with Chris Chambers, I think they're the team to beat in the AFC east.

Washington is starting to find out what the Fun n' Gun is all about. Even with crappy quarterbacks, they still drop bombs all over the field. Their defense may very well be the best in the league this year. Marvin Lewis is amazing, and the cast that he has there (Arrington, Baily, Armstead, Trotter, Smoot, Green, Smith, etc.) are second to none. I find that with a powerful offense and defense, many a game are won.

Oakland may very well have a difficult time without John Gruden around. Bill Callihan just isn't the force (emotionally or spiritually) that Gruden was. He embodied the Raiders spirit.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk