Buffalo fans, we need your take on this please. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buffalo fans, we need your take on this please.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buffalo fans, we need your take on this please.

Postby benm3218 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:17 am

Holcomb is in. He has a nice deep ball and will be an improvement over Losman.(IMO)

Who will benefit more over the year?

Moulds or Evans?

Do you see this as an improvement?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:53 am

Too funny...no Buffalo fans I guess!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:05 pm

Who benefits from this?

Willis McGahee.

If Holcomb can actually complete a few deep passes, McGahee will see more running room.

But just for the record, I'm not Buffalo fan.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:31 pm

You cant really tell yet. This wk will tell you everything. I tend to think he will try to throw to the veteran and give him more looks.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red5 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:52 pm

As a Cleveland fan I can tell you that:
1) Holcomb will throw for 500 yds and 4 TDs this week
2) He will throw for 75 yds and 4 Ints every subsequent week (except when he gets lucky ... and has his bye)
This week will be all that remains in the minds of the local fans and media. JP Losman will never get his shot, Buffalo will wait to draft another QB since they have Holcomb and Losman, and it will take a new coach and new ownership to come in and fix things.

I'm not bitter.
Go (Holcombless) Browns!
Red5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shabadoo25 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:06 pm

I doubt he will throw for 500 yards against Miami's defense.

I hope he makes their offense better, which should, in theory, improve their defense, which has killed me the last 3 weeks!
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:57 pm

I think Holcomb (and all the Bills) will do well this week, but I wouldn't get too excited over it, b/c I don't think Holcomb will stay in the starting role for too long. The Bills have way too much invested in Losman already to slip him to curb permanently already, and you can bet that at the first sign of trouble for Holcomb, Losman will be back in there. Not much unlike the Rattay/Alex Smith situation. The Bills desperately want for Losman to be their man in the future, so that they don't all look like idiots for investing in him, and having everyone in the front office lose their jobs for his non-performance. :-S

In the very short-term, I say upgrade everyone, especially McGahee, and probably Evans second, since I think he's more likely to be the go-to guy (Moulds is just a shadow of what he used to be). The D/ST should experience a quick bump in value too, but I don't expect that to last.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Big Pimpin' » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Alright, I'm a buffalo fan and cannot even begin to take a guess at this. I mean, Holcomb HAS to do better than JP. I guess you will have to do the wait and see on this. But if i were to upgrade i would said evans since i'm hoping holcomb could get the deep ball to him at least once this game.
my problem is that you know that holcomb hasn't been really getting ANY snaps with the first team since they are trying to develop losman so much.
I'm hoping holcomb saves our season since this division is looking like it is up for grabs, somewhat.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby beezer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 pm

I think Holcomb will do much better than Losman but he will make lots of mistakes and there are protection problems with the Bills line. I don't care if they put Joe Montana in there, he wouldn't have time to make plays with the defensive end in his grill every play.

Actually, I think Holcomb can get close to 300 yards this week with a couple of TD's. Moulds and Evans make a good duo. But, on the other hand, I guarantee you see Holcomb fumble a couple of times and throw a pick or two.
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:08 am

I am a Buffalo fan and I have season tickets, so I watch every single game of Buffalo. I am telling you, the veteran QB will throw to the veteran WR...Eric Moulds might have a 7 catches, 85 yards, 1 TD type of day with Holcomb behind the center. Lee Evans should have 2 catches for about 60 yards, he is a great deep threat but I dont see Holcomb throwing to him consistently (maybe as the year goes on but not right away).

Anyway, start Moulds and expect a score from him this week.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk