Joey Galloway -- fluke or fantasy stud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Galloway -- fluke or fantasy stud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joey Galloway -- fluke or fantasy stud?

Postby stugots » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:18 pm

Or neither? Will Galloway be able to put up numbers like Sunday (139 yds, 1TD) consistently? I mean you can't expect that every week, but was this just a fluke?
stugots
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:33 pm

Don't bet the farm on him but it's not unlikely that he could have a productive fantasy season.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:26 pm

I think he's a fluke, if your in a very deep league I'd take a chance on him but for a 8-10 league there's probably better on the wire.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:05 pm

Galloway should easily put up 1,075 yards and 8 TD's.... at least.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:13 pm

I wouldn't be so fast to jump on the Galloway bandwagon. He produced for a few years in Seattle, but the Dallas offense is so horrible it'll be just like the last two, when there's just no one to get him the ball. Put Galloway on a good team and look out, but I don't see it in Dallas. If you're expecting the 'Boys to have a good year then go for it, but otherwise I wouldn't touch him. On a side note-when Galloway first came into the league he had a 40 inch vertical leap, bench pressed 400 lbs. and ran a 4.19 40. He may be a little slower now, but that's still freakish.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:59 am

Like the thread just above my own, I am a Seahawk fan ....and had the opportunity to watch Galloway perhaps a little closer than others across the nation...especially early in his career.

Do I think him a fluke ? No
Do I think him a draft steal or 2003 stud ? No

but I do believe that his stats will improve this year .... just as they did last year over the year prior. Joey's main enemy at this point is neither his health, his age or his ego. Galloway's main nemesis is the lack of talent that surrounds him. Parcells is a great coach ....and will certainly help to improve the stats for many on the Dallas team, but this will take time, money, trades and at least another draft or two.

Last year Galloway caught 61 balls to the tune of 908 yards. Joey slipped into the endzone 6 times.....decent stats considering only the Texans completed fewer passes of all 32 clubs.

This year ...I dont believe its that much of a stretch to project Joey catching 75 balls for 1100 yards and 8 td's. Of course this doesnt make him a top shelf receiver.....but does put him back into spotlight as a valuable draft pick.
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby stugots » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:32 am

Beautiful analysis guys -- thanks! I dropped Ferguson and picked up Galloway as a FA (he had just cleared waivers Sunday night). It's obviously an upgrade.

Culpepper/Maddox/Harrington
Williams/Taylor/Zereoue/K. Faulk
K. Robinson/Mason/Morgan/Pinkston/Galloway
Crumpler
Giants/Oakland
Vanderjagt
stugots
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby guest » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:09 pm

I am a bigtime Cowboys fan which may make me partial but I honestly can't think of a receiver that creates more seperation on deep routes than Galloway...Also he has an outstanding knack for coming back to the ball when Quincy scrambles. Don't forget two things also....1. He had a 40+ yard catch called back in the first quarter that was an outstanding grab.... 2. Antonio Bryant only played 1/2 the game and when he's healthy will take a good deal of heat off of Galloway...The man is a great receiver and is definately worth a spot on the roster.... Looking at your WR depth he could be your solid #2 receiver in another week.

Friendliness: %

Postby malthoff » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:18 pm

FLUKE. will he even continue starting all year? i guess if he puts up numbers like week 1, but come on. he has been garbage for the past couple years and may be one of the biggest free agency busts ever, considering what was given up to get him. i would bet a sizable sum that he won't have more than one or two more games like that all year and the rest of the games he will be mediocre.
malthoff
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sikoskul » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:35 pm

No, the biggest free agent bust ever was Herschel Walker to the Vikes. It gave the 'boys all the picks they needed to win the bowl.

As far as Galloway, he won't produce those numbers game in and game out, but should have over 1000 yards this season with 8 tds.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk