Joey Galloway -- fluke or fantasy stud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Galloway -- fluke or fantasy stud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shitney™ » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:42 pm

malthoff wrote:FLUKE. will he even continue starting all year? i guess if he puts up numbers like week 1, but come on. he has been garbage for the past couple years and may be one of the biggest free agency busts ever, considering what was given up to get him. i would bet a sizable sum that he won't have more than one or two more games like that all year and the rest of the games he will be mediocre.

why wouldn't he continue to start all year? i don't believe dallas has a flurry of incoming talent.

he's the most experienced guy for Carter to throw to.

plus last year the offense was bad and Carter was still under a learning curve. The year before Galloway was out with injuries.

I don't think galloway is a fluke or a stud. he will be exactly what people drafted him for. A nice weekly deep threat. he'll have sub 10 TDs and an average of 60-75 yds/gm with a few 100+ games
Shitney™
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Good #3 option

Postby The Borg » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:28 pm

I've decided to pick him up as a FA in my league. He is healthy for the first time in the last two years and is a proven commodity unlike Boldin. Also, Quincy Carter has a year at QB under his belt. Carter may not be a top flight QB, but he seems to be more sure of himself this year. Antonio Bryant is a heathy and should be a nice counter balance. Finally, the Boys will be playing alot of games from behind again this year which should translate into more opportunities for Galloway.
The Borg

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby senseiosin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:20 am

Except the TUNA is a conservative mofo, if the game is close and its 3rd and long he is more likely to run draws than air it out. Galloway is injury prone too, he's getting old and that Dallas turf is rough, dont like Galloway. Hes avg. at best when healthy, I just picked up Bouldin, no harm in benching him a few weeks to see if your getting the next Randy Moss. You know what you get with Galloway, a guy who has never produced consistent big numbers.
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk