Week 1 Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 1 Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 1 Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:44 pm

From PFW.
Monday, Sept. 8, 2003

Chiefs OG Brian Waters on Priest Holmes’ 183-yard, two-TD performance against the Chargers: “Nothing Priest does surprises me. I heard the rumors last winter like everybody else that Priest might be done for. But when I talked to the man himself and he told me he was going to be OK, I believed him. Now I bet everybody else will believe him, too.”

Rams head coach Mike Martz on the concussion QB Kurt Warner may have suffered during the first quarter of St. Louis’ 23-13 loss to the Giants: “He didn't seem the same after that. A lot of times he didn't seem to understand the plays we were calling from the sidelines.”

Bills SS Lawyer Milloy, cut five days ago by the Patriots on beating his former team: “It feels good. But it feels good in a positive way, not in a personal vendetta way. I could be sitting up here and throwing out names and sticking it to them, but they know.”

Texans WR Jabar Gaffney on what a Dolphins player said during warm-ups: “ ‘I'll see you after today's practice.’ That was their thinking — they were looking at us like this was just a little practice.”

Colts QB Peyton Manning, who called PK Mike Vanderjagt an idiot at the Pro Bowl, on his relationship with the kicker: “Everything is fine and dandy between me and Mike in Coltsville.”

Lions WR Charles Rogers, who wore a Barry Sanders No. 20 jersey after the Lions-Cardinals game, on his playmaking ability: “I'm not going to say I'm the next Barry Sanders. I'm just going to be the best Charles Rogers can be.”

Packers QB Brett Favre on rumors of bad blood between the Packers and Vikings: “There's no sense in being bitter with those guys. It's a great rivalry. I don't see why that should change. There's no ill feelings here.”

Ravens QB Kyle Boller on his first start: “It was definitely a lot faster than the preseason. I could tell that right away. There were definitely some times I could have moved the chains if I hadn't made some mistakes.”

Bears LB Brian Urlacher on his team’s 49-7 loss to the 49ers: “I'm embarrassed. That was the worst game we've played since I've been here.”

Falcons QB Doug Johnson on his fill-in role for Mike Vick: “I'm just trying to hold it down and keep us in contention. I understand that role and I'm doing everything I can to keep us in playoff position.”

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher on P Craig Hentrich, who also assumed kicking duties after starting PK Joe Nedney hurt his knee: “What can you say about our punter? When you're asked to do a job and all of a sudden you have to change gears and do something else, it's tough. For him to go 3-for-3 (on FG attempts) tonight, it says an awful lot about Craig.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperCafone » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:55 pm

Excellent quotes guttpuppy, keep it up!
;-D ;-D
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:59 pm

The one that cracks me up the most is the one that Mike Martz said. Man that guy is an idiot!! You're starting QB is not understanding the plays?...I know....let's leave him in there.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:05 am

Thanks G Pup, great stuff! I especially liked Gaffney’s blurb. It never ceases to amaze me how players over look teams and then get their arse kicked. Hey Fins! The Jets are hurting so you won’t have to work for that game either! Nice coaching Wannstedt, ya bum!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby tomkatt » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:36 am

fntsyrookie, right on about Martz. What a dufus.

Dolphins.... Dolphins....Dolphins. You NEVER talk that kinda sh*t in the pro ranks. Houston practices better I guess.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:42 pm

fntsyrookie wrote:The one that cracks me up the most is the one that Mike Martz said. Man that guy is an idiot!! You're starting QB is not understanding the plays?...I know....let's leave him in there.

LOL my thoughts exactly !

Nice post GP ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Football Talk