The Man in Black - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

The Man in Black

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:34 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:He also did a great version of Desperado


I love this version....especially with Don Henley singing back-up!


"Man, I hate the f##king Eagles, man!"

Thank you chick - I've been waiting since I joined the cafe to have some appropriate context to use my favorite Dude line...
Image

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3481
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:35 pm

LONESOME ;-D ;-D ;-D
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:35 pm

The_Dude wrote:
"Man, I hate the f##king Eagles, man!"

Thank you chick - I've been waiting since I joined the cafe to have some appropriate context to use my favorite Dude line...


No prob! I love how you do lines from the movie...the "original" Dude would be proud!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby Petey » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:26 pm

Oh man, don't get me started on Big John Cash. Everything he did was awesome. Check out some of his American Recordings CD's. He was great right until the end.

Ring of Fire of course is my #1. I liked him with Willie, Waylon, and Kris with the song Highwayman. Some really good ones that not many people talk about are Cry, Cry, Cry and Long Black Veil. His covers are awesome too. "One" from U2, "I'm on fire" from Springstein, and "Rusty Cage" from Soundgarden is one of the most entertaining covers ever.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1691
Joined: 2 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:29 pm

The_Dude wrote:
kashikis wrote:I like Ring of Fire, but as a huge NIN fan his rendition of hurt was awesome. It almost seemed to be written for him when he sang it.


I loved his rendition of Hurt!


I did not like his rendition of Hurt.

I kinda feel like he's taking credit for Reznor's song. The media is all "Johnny Cash is a great storyteller in this song." BS

Also, Cash's voice is terrible. Give it up, old man!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:51 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
kashikis wrote:I like Ring of Fire, but as a huge NIN fan his rendition of hurt was awesome. It almost seemed to be written for him when he sang it.


I loved his rendition of Hurt!


I did not like his rendition of Hurt.

I kinda feel like he's taking credit for Reznor's song. The media is all "Johnny Cash is a great storyteller in this song." BS

Also, Cash's voice is terrible. Give it up, old man!



Ummm...since he's passed on I don't think he'll be making any more covers any time soon.....
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:05 pm

I don't think the point of a cover is to "take credit" for a song...it just showcases the song in a new light. The lyrics to "Hurt" are similar to some of Johnny Cash's songs and I doubt that Reznor would have given him the rights if he didn't think Cash would do the song justice.

Did anyone see that there's yet another Johnny Cash album being released on 10/25? Pretty good compilation too!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby footballchick23 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:04 am

Just watched "Johnny Cash in San Quentin" and damn.... it was pretty crazy! I didn't know they had interviews with the head guard and prisoners...they show the inside of the gas chamber and what a prisoner goes through the day he's going to be put to death. Pretty intense stuff considering it was filmed over 25 years ago!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby CC » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:22 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
kashikis wrote:I like Ring of Fire, but as a huge NIN fan his rendition of hurt was awesome. It almost seemed to be written for him when he sang it.


I loved his rendition of Hurt!


I did not like his rendition of Hurt.

I kinda feel like he's taking credit for Reznor's song. The media is all "Johnny Cash is a great storyteller in this song." BS

Also, Cash's voice is terrible. Give it up, old man!


Ummm...since he's passed on I don't think he'll be making any more covers any time soon.....


LOL, for some reason this made me crack up. I know it's in horrible taste but it just seemed really funny to me.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:21 am

aaaaw, you can never be too young for the legendary Johnny Cash,

favorites of mine
Boy Named Sue
Ring of Fire
I Walk the Line
Last edited by Dirt Bag on Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3415
Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Buffalo, MN

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: inesor16 and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:17 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact