The I Hate Mike Martz Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The I Hate Mike Martz Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AF » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:48 am

$20 says I could out coach Martz.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The I Hate Mike Martz Thread

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:04 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Mike Martz is the worst coach in the NFL - bar none.

Well, Martz hasn't shipped off two of his best players to a divisional opponent in successive years, as Beliflop has.

But, I guess since he outcoached Martz in the Superbowl, Martz wins the worst coach award.

Perhaps an aside: Is it worse to have a great RB and not use him, or to have horrible running backs and play them like they are Marshall Faulk?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:25 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Name one positive thing that has come from his decision making.

Anyone care to give this a try?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:26 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Name one positive thing that has come from his decision making.

Anyone care to give this a try?

Easy: My Patriots won the Superbowl!!
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:26 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
Perhaps an aside: Is it worse to have a great RB and not use him, or to have horrible running backs and play them like they are Marshall Faulk?

That's easy, it is much better to use horrible RBs like they were Faulk, you can still have success-look at Eddie George! How sad to see Sunday night. The announcers were trying so hard to make it sound like he's healthy and will thrive, then spend the second half trying to explain how it's the Oak D that is stopping him. What did he average, 2 yds a carry? Sad to see.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby AF » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:40 am

At least when you have a back like Faulk in your backfield the defense has to respect your running game. Even when the Rams are throwing the ball a ton Faulk is always in the minds of the D. Running a not so good back like he's Faulk just makes the job for the D that much easier. Play calling is like pitching in baseball, it's all a head game about keeping your opponent off-balance. He's thinking curveball; you throw him a fastball up and in. The more your offensive weapons can get into the heads of the defense the better, keep um guessing.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

re:

Postby Scania22 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:44 am

It really is remarkable how quickly Vermeil has been able to mold Kansas City's offense into a power that very much resembles the Rams of a few years back.

And over that same span - Martz and the Rams continue to look worse and worse.

This is as clear an example of the importance of the head coach in the NFL as there ever has been.
Scania22

Friendliness: %

Re: re:

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:50 am

Scania22 wrote:It really is remarkable how quickly Vermeil has been able to mold Kansas City's offense into a power that very much resembles the Rams of a few years back.

Exactly.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:17 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Scania22 wrote:It really is remarkable how quickly Vermeil has been able to mold Kansas City's offense into a power that very much resembles the Rams of a few years back.

Exactly.

BINGO !

Martz's loyalty to Warner last yr cost them and it could rise up to hurt them again this yr.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby emaja » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:24 am

Isn't it ironic that Martz had to convince Vermeil to air it out and let him run a his offense his way? Seems that Martz needed someone like Vermeil to balance him out and double check his decisions.

Martz might be a great play designer, but his personell decisions, play calling, and game planning leave a lot to be desired.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk