Unethical commish.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Unethical commish....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Unethical commish....

Postby Vikings Rube » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:19 pm

I'm so mad I just have to vent. Earlier this year I joined a private yahoo league which the commisioner had intended to keep going year to year. Anyhow, towards the end of the draft, the commish started talking trash so I had to oblidge him and talked trash right back. Unfortunately for me, I think I used a curse word amongst all the trash talking. So right after the draft, the commisioner locks me from making any trades, emailing any fellow owners, or posting messages on the league site. Sure I was pissed, but I figure I can still use the talk smack yahoo feature to communicate and I'll have to use the WW instead of trades to get players, not so bad. OK, now I'm 4-0 in the league and first place (points included) and guess who I face in week 5: the commisioner's team, who's 2-2. I go into the site today to fix my lineup (I have Priest so I'll need a bye week fill in), and guess what I find? He has locked me from making any moves on my existing squad and I can't use the WW anymore! It wouldn't be as unbelievable (since this guy is a nazi) except for the fact that I'm playing him this week.

There, I feel better. I really hate this guy.
"Super Bowl, Homeboy."
Vikings Rube
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:21 pm

that is pretty lame.

I don't think I'd waste my time on a league like that.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:22 pm

That is absolutely ridiculous. If this were for money, I would be demanding my money back. :-t

Since it's a free private league, there's not much you can do except win. ;-D

Obviously this guy is a cry-baby and is jealous that you are doing well. If he can't win by playing fair, then he's a pretty poor person, fantasy-wise and in general. If there's some way you can communicate that to the league (without getting your smack talk canned), I would do it.

Definitely do not play with this guy next year...he's not worth your time.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:29 pm

Once for kicks, I created a private fantasy baseball league and got 3 of my Yahoo accounts to join.

Well, I started doing lopsided trades to stack one team. The team was GANGBUSTERS...I'm talking Pujols, Bonds, ARod, Tejada, etc.

Two teams forgot to uncheck the "allow commish to make roster changes." So I dropped their best players, made my 3 teams numbers 1, 2, and 3 on the WW order. I picked them up, stacked the deck some more.

If someone called me a cheater, I'd just lock their chat and lock their team.

I won the league.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikings Rube » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:31 pm

Once for kicks, I created a private fantasy baseball league and got 3 of my Yahoo accounts to join.

Well, I started doing lopsided trades to stack one team. The team was GANGBUSTERS...I'm talking Pujols, Bonds, ARod, Tejada, etc.

Two teams forgot to uncheck the "allow commish to make roster changes." So I dropped their best players, made my 3 teams numbers 1, 2, and 3 on the WW order. I picked them up, stacked the deck some more.

If someone called me a cheater, I'd just lock their chat and lock their team.

I won the league.

That's all good by me, but this guy isn't doing that. He's just being a royal pain in the ass. Trying to make up for being dropped too many times as an infant.
"Super Bowl, Homeboy."
Vikings Rube
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Warhawk » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Yeah, if a commish does something like what BH did to everyone, he's clearly screwing just screwing around. If ya target one guy though, you're being a dick.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:33 pm

I hope you beat his a$$ this week....what an idiot...as they say, karma's a b!*ch!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:53 pm

Just curious, why do you care? This league obviously sucks and isn't worth your time. Never visit that league again and you will be a happier man.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:44 pm

you could still go through and look at the owners emails if they chose not to keep them hidden. then you could email them personally and let them all know whats going on.

i would probably address the issue to everyone in the email about what you think about your current commish, what childish games hes playing, and than cc the email to him as you send it out to everyone.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:59 pm

Just walk away and forget about it - it isn't worth your time or energy.

You take that chance when you join a league on Yahoo - as long as you weren't playing for money, fuggedabouit.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk