Am I being a jerk? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I being a jerk?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:01 pm

I think it's totally legitimate.

PARTICULARLY when there's some potential that you'll use the player (which is not the case here) I think it makes all the sense in the world to be watching the wire, and picking up anyone who starts growing in value, for the sole reason that you don't want your opponents getting any advantage on you.

With the worst team in the league... I'd probably not totally hose him, but if it were at all close, you take any player your opponents could potentially use. I am all about grabbing Kevin Curtis for the time being, just so no one else can, etc.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:03 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Yahoo! Fantasy Football Rules wrote:No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.

this rule is pretty subjective though. if i want 3 qb's on my roster that's pretty much my decision whether it hurts another team or not.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby brewmaniac » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:04 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's survival of the fittest, FF should be fun but should be cutthroat at the same time.

If he was dumb enough to draft QB's that had the same bye week, thats his problem.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:04 pm

you gotta do what u gotta do ;-D
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Where's Ryan Leaf? » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:08 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I asked this question because I don't want to be a jerk. He originally drafted two QBs with the same bye week and he's had all season to fix it and hasn't.

Maybe this strategy won't work, but that's true of all strategies.
"I love me some me"
Where's Ryan Leaf?
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:10 pm

the yahoo rule is pretty dumb IMO.

So if for some reason, you had shaun alexander, jamal lewis and brian westbrook with cadillac on the bench (hypothetical obviously), you would have to leave other valuable rb's on the wire, because you obviously wouldn't start that player?

You are allowed to pick up talent as you see fit. when you get into churning and dumps etc., then I think you have a problem.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BESMIRCHED » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:36 pm

screw ethics man, its all about winning, if i were you and next saturday rolls around and he still hasnt picked a qb, i would pick and drop all the qbs left and leave all the QBs in the WW instead of FA
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:42 pm

If you really want to be a jerk...then pick up and drop all the Qbs available that week so there is nothing of value left. ;-D
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby R00k » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:51 pm

Wow. you guys are saying that picking up and dropping every QB in the FA pool would be alright with you?

Just unbelievable to me.
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:56 pm

FatFoot wrote:I think it's totally legitimate.

PARTICULARLY when there's some potential that you'll use the player (which is not the case here) I think it makes all the sense in the world to be watching the wire, and picking up anyone who starts growing in value, for the sole reason that you don't want your opponents getting any advantage on you.

With the worst team in the league... I'd probably not totally hose him, but if it were at all close, you take any player your opponents could potentially use. I am all about grabbing Kevin Curtis for the time being, just so no one else can, etc.

I did the same thing with K. Curtis...there are a lot of teams in my 12-team league hurting at WR and I'm not going to make life easier for them. They've all tried to trade for one of my WR's, but they've been offering me crap. It was legitimate anyway because I needed a WR for a bye week (in week 10!!!).
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk