The Cafe's "sleeper" column - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Cafe's "sleeper" column

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:28 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:IDPs are the future of fantasy football, in a few years there will be almost no teams without IDPs.

I think this needs to be rephrased. IDP does indeed have a bright future, but I have a feeling that most casual fantasy football players (mainly people who play for fun and don't really understand the ins and outs of fantasy football) will not want to have the hassle of figuring out defensive players instead of a team defense. Because of this, I think that the DST slot will remain in many fantasy leagues - especially public leagues.

I do believe, however, that most experienced fantasy players and big fans of real football will want to use IDP in order to really stretch their fantasy intellects onto both sides of the ball. Those who play in keeper and dynasty leagues will most likely incorporate IDP at larger and larger rates over the next few years. It's all about making it more like the real game for these people, and getting the opportunity to control both offensive and defensive players will appeal to hard-core fantasy types. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby octagon999 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:34 pm

I'm glad they put effort into the IDP side. LOTS of places have advice on the starting offense, but its hard to get good info for IDP.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:33 am

Between my two leagues I have six of those that are listed LOL. I know what you mean though. God help me.
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk