Ryan Longwell's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Longwell's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Longwell's value

Postby TimeRacer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:46 am

Did Ryan Longwell's value just tave a dive into the ground? With 3 WR's on GB hurt/injured will GB be able to move the ball into field goal range?

Right now I can drop Ike Hiliard, now that I'm confident Charles Rogers will be able to fill the bye weeks, and pick up a backup kicker at least until GB gets one receiver back on his feet. Just so that people don't start telling me I need WR's I have Horn, Holt and Ward as my starters.

I'm looking at:

Lindell (Buf)
Mare (Mia)
Vinatieri (NE)
Bryant (NYG)

Or if someone has another person to recommend that would normally be (10 team league) a FA. I'm guessing that I'd only need the extra kicker for the next week or two hopefully.
TimeRacer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:23 am

Well they play Detroit next week, so I don't think Favre and Green will have too tough a time moving the ball into field goal range. Getting into the end zone might be a bit trickier, which could help Longwell's value.

You can't really say this hurts Longwell's value. I'd keep starting Longwell na dnot worry about it too much at the moment. I have Longwell and Josh Brown from the Seahawks, and I'll probably keep starting Longwell for awhile.

It hurts Favre's value, but it ends there. Ahman might get extra work and succeed. Bubba (and Wesley) might get relied on more. Javon Walker could be huge. He's a big speedy WR and needs to step up right now. Favre has a habit of making sure somebody does.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tomkatt » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:22 am

Might actually HELP Longwell's value. With a depleted WR corps, more drives will probably peter out before they result in a TD. Longwell will probably get more oppurtunities rather than less.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TimeRacer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:30 pm

I would think that if one or two of the receivers went down but three? Bubba and Walls had better pick up their games a bit to fill in. :-B
TimeRacer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk