What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson?

Postby quicksilver8 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:50 am

Starting, benching, trading, dropping him?

What do you see him producing over the rest of the year?
quicksilver8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:53 am

I have him in a keeper league and this week I'm starting him. I have no interest in trading him because I know I'm not going to get fair value for him due to his poor start. Hoping this is a breakout game for him this week.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:54 am

he... :-P ...will... O:-) ...get... :~( ...BETTER

wow. that was hard to verbalize!

as the new OC's schemes begin to take more focus, and recognizing AJ as the provident playmaker that he is, you'll see that talent more readily exploited. that's my call, anyway.

i was able to grab him off the WW in one league, and i'm starting him in tennessee because plax is on bye. not expecting great things right away; just hoping. but i do expect great things as the season progresses.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:58 am

Hmm, you wouldn't get anything for him in a trade. He's not even really a great buy at this point. Dropping him is probably a little overboard. Starting him is up to you and your other options. If you have a lesser player with even a decent matchup, I'd probably play him over AJ right now.

Now that I look at the schedule, it could be better for Johnson down the road...but even still, that offense is pretty poor right now. If Carr keeps getting sacked at a rate of 5 times a game, it'll mean a lot more of D. Davis dumpoffs and less of Johnson TD bombs.

Gaffney or one of the other receivers needs to step up, or else they will just hound Johnson and make it impossible to throw to him. I can still see him getting 1000 yards, but anything over 6-7 TD's will be an accomplishment. That's at best #3 starting status.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:13 am

Picking him up off the WW.

People are getting antsy and dropping him.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:17 am

Remember that AJ started strong and sputtered near the end....hopefully this year will be the opposite as AJ will start weak adn finish strong...he usually excels against weak secondaries...Have some faith in the kid! Last year, some dude on ESPN even said that AJ is the single best WR in the league (i.e., better than TO, etc)
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CRED0021 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:21 am

I'm pretty well stocked at RB (Alexander, Cadillac, Dom Davis, Ronnie Brown), so I traded AJ/Mike Anderson for Braylon Edwards/Cedric Benson.

I'm in a 10 team keeper league, so I wanted Edwards for possible keeper material. Benson may be a bonus by the end of the year, especially in the playoffs.
CRED0021
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby octagon999 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:25 am

I have some other receivers on Bye or in unfavorable matchup situations, so after picking him up off the WW, I'm starting him this week.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:39 am

gatorman1122 wrote:Last year, some dude on ESPN even said that AJ is the single best WR in the league (i.e., better than TO, etc)

That's just retarded. I bet he's a scientologist.

Even if he did say that, you should never listen to that person ever again. You'll probably end up in a swamp with no clothes, a can of hair spray, and a funny walk.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:30 am

I'm holding/starting him. Its a keeper league, so you gotta keep him. I'd stick with him in redraft tho.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk