What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:39 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:Last year, some dude on ESPN even said that AJ is the single best WR in the league (i.e., better than TO, etc)


That's just retarded. I bet he's a scientologist.


Now thats funny stuff right there. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ateam » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:23 pm

I am trying like he11 to trade for him.

Got turned down in my $$ league (I had offered TJones/Porter)---the guy is clearly a retard for turning that down (He needs the RB, I don't).

In my other league (much deeper), I've had a trade pending all week, the douchebag needs to find his computer pronto---I'm offering (Deshaun/Troupe). I'd love to swing it before Sunday, as I've got DJax down!

I had AJ last year, and am convinced he will be a nice WR to have------starting this week, vs. Titans.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1219
Joined: 1 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:28 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Even if he did say that, you should never listen to that person ever again. You'll probably end up in a swamp with no clothes, a can of hair spray, and a funny walk.


Spoken like a man of experience ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:47 pm

holding and benching and praying and hoping.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
Image
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1816
Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hovering over a keyboard.

Postby SniperShot » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:22 pm

Even though he is supposed to have a good game this week I am going to bench him. I would rather have him prove he can still play on my bench than get burned AGAIN with him in my lineup.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby bagobonez » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:36 pm

Andre will get better (only because he can't get worse).

I avoided Andre in all my drafts this year, because I have no faith or confidence whatsoever in David Carr or the Texans' offense.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby onnestabe » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:11 pm

SniperShot wrote:Even though he is supposed to have a good game this week I am going to bench him. I would rather have him prove he can still play on my bench than get burned AGAIN with him in my lineup.


My sentiments exactly...I am trying to win like the Pats this week - with undrafted free agents - by starting Jurevicius and Galloway at my receiver positions.

If Johnson has a good game this week, I will begin putting him in when he has good matchups.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 4074
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cincinnati - West Price Hill

Postby jjigglers » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:13 pm

onnestabe wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Even though he is supposed to have a good game this week I am going to bench him. I would rather have him prove he can still play on my bench than get burned AGAIN with him in my lineup.


My sentiments exactly...I am trying to win like the Pats this week - with undrafted free agents - by starting Jurevicius and Galloway at my receiver positions.

If Johnson has a good game this week, I will begin putting him in when he has good matchups.


Agreed. You'd gotta be happy either way if you bench him. If he continues to do horrible, then good decision. If he breaks out, then you can worry less about him being so bad.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 292
Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:45 am

[quote="bagobonez"]Andre will get better (only because he can't get worse).

I avoided Andre in all my drafts this year, because I have no faith or confidence whatsoever in David Carr or the Texans' offense.[/quote

I did too, partially because of the grief he caused me last year and partially because I had no reason to believe that this year would be any different.

AJ has mad talent. Problem is, he and DD are the only attractions at the Gawd-Awful County Fair that is the Houston Texans. In keeper leagues, you GOTTA hang on to him. In a redraft league, depending on who's available on the WW, I might drop him. (Hoping don't win games, points do. and right now AJ just ain't gettin' 'em.)
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:36 am

I expect huge things for Andre Johnson, thats why I drafted him in round 3...
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:08 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact