What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is everyone doing with Andre Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:53 am

I drafted Andre Johnson in the 4th round this year and have benched him everyweek. I basically took him for trade bait to try and get another receiver. Problem is that when you win almost every year in Fantasy Football/baseball/basketball no one wants to trade with you before the season. I think I am going to play him this week. If he can not do anything against the Titans and SEE YA!!!!!
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:22 am

well, i didnt draft the turd...but i claimed him off waivers after he was dropped by another owner, and started him against that stingy titans D....wow, he lit it up....not only 0 points....but 0 CATCHES?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:28 am

he only played for a short time. he's injured (strained calf, i believe).

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PuntinFool » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:35 am

Yep, drafted him early and am hanging on. No trade value, some talent, some meager doses of hope by looking at the games ahead and the revamped running game.

At least Davis ran for 100+ this past game against Tenn, showing there's a run attack. If defenses start focusing on the running game more maybe Carr can get some passes off. Also, despite some games against Indy and Baltimore, Houston has got a decent schedule. So I'm keeping the hope alive, but I'm waiting for a 4-5 catch game before taking AJ off the bench.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chk57 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:58 am

I totally give up on that guy. I really expected a lot from him this season...but thus far have just been disappointed so last week...we had to part ways.

The team I played this week picked him up and thank god he didn't light it up. That happening the first week after dropping him...that would just plain hurt. I don't have to feel wrong about doing it just yet.
chk57
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby biju » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:06 pm

PuntinFool wrote:At least Davis ran for 100+ this past game against Tenn, showing there's a run attack. If defenses start focusing on the running game more maybe Carr can get some passes off.

So here's my question: how are they getting good yardage out of DD? Are they doing a bunch of misdirection plays or are they pretty straight-forward run plays?

I'm hoping the answer is that they've been doing a bunch of regular run plays. If so, that sets up msidirection and play-action passes. If they defense is already looking for "trick" plays they won't succumb to play-action passes as well as if they believe they're going to see a run.

Can anyone that watched the game comment?

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:18 pm

I think that Andre Johnson is going to cost me a win this week. He is gone. There is no way this guy is ever going to be more then a matchup start this season anyway. Right now he is a never start guy. So it is definitely time to move on.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:34 pm

I think I will drop him this week. There are plenty of guys of the FA list that will score way more than him in my league. He was a recommended start this week and puts up a goose egg game. Now he has some calf issue. He is a headache. Maybe I will trade him for Vikings DST.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:18 pm

Ill be honest I dropped him. I need a reciever this week due to injuries and I dropped him for Jurevicius. He should come close to repeating what he did last week. I cant take Aj giving me 3 points every week. He's no good on my team. What a waste of a 4th round pick.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk