Corey Dillon... still an elite back??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon... still an elite back???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Corey Dillon... still an elite back???

Postby dabearsaregreat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:05 am

Dillon hasnt been able to find very much running room this season and the only reason he's still had value is because he scores touchdowns. But my question is what happens when he stops scoring touchdowns????? Should I trade him while he still has some value or will the running game come with time??
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:09 am

good question. he's not elite, but he has a firm grasp of the #1 rb role in a strong offensive unit. that's good for something. he looks slow again (a la his "bad mood" days with the bengals), and is not showing the same powerful burst through the smaller holes.

he'll still get his tds, and he'll have a couple big games, but who knows whether his recent lolling appearances are the by-product of a hissy fit or a more prominent trend toward retirement. you won't know by asking him. he's "too old to talk."

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:30 am

He's Stephen Davis+, but I'd still rank him top 10 in TD heavy leagues.

He's suffering from more than just age though. The loss of Andruzzi hurt in the off-season, now Light is gone, having two rookies on one side of the line, pretty much means you're not running anywhere to that side, that coupled with the Pats having to play from behind more than they're used to is cutting into his numbers.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dabearsaregreat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:19 pm

I just traded Dillon and Roy Williams for Moss. Hopefully that works out
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Teh Jury » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:31 pm

dabearsaregreat wrote:I just traded Dillon and Roy Williams for Moss. Hopefully that works out

Nice. I hope you got Randy Moss.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:00 pm

maddog60 wrote:He's Stephen Davis+, but I'd still rank him top 10 in TD heavy leagues.

He's suffering from more than just age though. The loss of Andruzzi hurt in the off-season, now Light is gone, having two rookies on one side of the line, pretty much means you're not running anywhere to that side, that coupled with the Pats having to play from behind more than they're used to is cutting into his numbers.

Good comparison.

Dillon is similar to Davis, because he is steadily declining in his ability, yet he still get the goalline looks for his team (and is producing for them). The main difference is that Stephen Davis has Deshaun Foster breathing down his neck, while Dillon is essentially safe to retain the job (or get it back should he be injured).

I prefer to get yardage heavy players because in general you can't rely on TDs each week to get you points. But at the same time these guys continue to produce so who knows.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby dabearsaregreat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:16 pm

Yea the Moss i was referring to was Randy.
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DrSpackle » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:39 pm

This is the first year I've had Dillon. He's a nice compliment to my #1 RB S. Alexander. He doesn't get much work between the 20s, but in the red zone he still seems to get a lot of opportunites to punch it in.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:48 pm

I can't complain so far, but I agree he looks a bit slower this year. At least he is producing TD's, and he'll get his 100 yard games, but probably only a few.

The Pats still know how to score, and he gets the goal line carries so he'll keep contributing. Faulk going down might boost his value a bit.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:44 pm

Faulk going down really helps Dillon imo. I have watched a few of the pats games and Faulk takes away a lot of receptions. With Faulk injured Dillons receptions should go up. I also dont think hes quite washed up yet. I have a hard time believing that he has declined so much from his great year last year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk