Corey Dillon... still an elite back??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon... still an elite back???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:02 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Faulk going down really helps Dillon imo. I have watched a few of the pats games and Faulk takes away a lot of receptions. With Faulk injured Dillons receptions should go up. I also dont think hes quite washed up yet. I have a hard time believing that he has declined so much from his great year last year.

Same thing happened to Curtis Martin IMO. Both of these players looked a lot better with a top notch O-line in 2004. The players AND their respective o-lines have declined to an extent.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:06 pm

yeah i know i just hated to see those two guys (especially cmart) end it like that.....The o lines do seem to be fairly depleted on both teams... too bad.... since i have each of them in one league or another. :-t
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WHO DEY » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:53 am

Dillon is an inside the 20 type runner. If he's not inside the 20 it doesn't seem like he even tries to run.
WHO DEY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kilroy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:12 am

I think it's a lil' early to write either Dillon or C-Mart off (especially Dillon). You don't generally have a "career" year and then your legs just fall off. I'd be more worried about C-Mart (and am, I own him in one league. The Wear-and Tear seems to be affecting him a LOT.) than Dillon. (5 TDs in 4 Games is 5 TDs in 4 Games, in my $$$ league he hasn't hurt me yet.) I really believe that the whole "the Pats are in Trouble" thing is being blown a little out of proportion. Will they 3-Peat? No. It's never happened for a reason. Will they make the playoffs? Yeah. They'll get it turned around (I think they beat ATL this Sunday, it's a hunch, but I see the Pats bein PI**ED after that shellackin' at home.)

Dillon (or C-Mart For that matter) won't put up the kind of numbers they did last year (there's a reason it's called a "career" year) but I expect both (especially Dillon) to "rebound" and put up numbers that are more in line with what reasonably should have been expected.

Of Course, that could just be wishful thinkin'. Or the beer Talkin'.

Dillon will be fine. C-Mart on the other hand..... :-?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby devius » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:56 am

another thing you have to concider is, patriot recievers have a knack for not getting into the endzone. they'll make it close but not into it. he'll get alot of goalline carries as always. put him down for 13-15TD's this year.
QB Carson Palmer*, Jake Plummer
RB Deuce McAllister*, Corey Dillion*, Warrick Dunn, Willie Parker*, Michael Bennett
WR Torry Holt*, Michael Clayton*, Chris Chambers, Eddie Kennison, Charles Rogers*,
TE Tony Gonzalez*
K Ryan Longwell*
DEF MatchUps
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:02 am

His TD's should match or exceed last year but yards will be hurting abit
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Dillon

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:57 am

This is the kind of crap the league wanted, people trash talking the Patriots and their players because of a brutal early schedule. Only three players have scored more TDs than Dillon, and two of them are clearly superior runners, among the elite of their generation.

Wait til those division games kick in, and Dillon's numbers start looking like they're being handed down directly from God. The schedule eases up for the Pats real soon, and keep in mind too that 4 of their last 5 games are against division opponents, making Dillon an excellent RB for your fantasy playoffs.

More than likely, the Pats will win this week at Atlanta, possibly lose next week in Denver, then after the bye go on a long winning streak. Dillon will start getting his share of games where the Patriots are just running to eat up the clock, a position he hasn't been playing from this year. Once that happens, people will be happy with his overall numbers.

RBs just don't get yardage when their team is playing from behind, something we're going to start seeing a lot less of with the Patriots.

Dillon belongs on your team and in your lineup every (non-bye) week unless you drafted against a bunch of idiots and can field a fantasy dream team.

This week against Atlanta, I expect both teams to play conservatively---Atlanta out of necessity with a banged up Vick, and the Patriots because they're confident they can win close games. That means lots of running for Dillon. Atlanta is pretty good against the primary receivers but lousy at covering the secondary receivers (3rd and 4th receivers, TEs, RBs) so I also expect a good day for Tim Dwight and one of the TEs, probably Daniel Graham.

DON'T EXPECT THE FALCONS TO STOP DRIVES LIKE THEY DID LAST WEEK. Brady excels at spreading the ball around, and Atlanta's pass defense is built around stopping a couple of key receivers. I.e., their defense is all wrong against the Pats, who don't have to rely on one or two guys to catch the ball. Brady will pick the Falcons' pass defense apart with ease, sustaining drives, creating a good yardage day for Dillon.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk