Favre's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre's value

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:37 am

I'm willing to give Favre a mulligan for Sunday's horrid performance.

But, I thought I had the steal of the draft in getting Favre in round seven. But is his value diminished significantly with the loss of Driver and Ferguson? My backup is Collins--ok, not great--but how do you see Favre performing without his two top wideouts for at least a month?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ben_ffc » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:39 am

i may be in the minority, but i think favre is in for a rough stretch. kerry collins, on the other hand, i believe will put together an exceptional season, beginning in week 2.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:57 am

Well, I'm hoping I'll be fine between the two, but Favre usually excells no matter who he's throwing to. Is Walker a suitable replacement?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AF » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:08 am

The best thing Farve has going for him is he a tough, smart QB. Hard to believe that he slipped into round 7. I think the worst thing about him though, this year he is not going to be on the same page as some of WRs for awhile. I see him having a slow start then turning it up later in the year.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:33 am

The thing that enticed me about Favre is his schedule. I thought playing Minnesota would be very good to Favre's passing #'s, but got horribly burned by it. Now he's playing Detroit, who got passed on like crazy by Blake, which also seems favorable on paper, but with the WR injuries and the ints from week one, I'm giving a strong consideration to Bulger for week two. It's a tough call, but I hope Favre can bounce back.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby sikoskul » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:33 am

Favre is undoubtedly the better QB, but he doesn't have the weapons that Collins does at this time. Don't sweat Favre, sit him down for a couple to see how he does with the new kids, and let Collins play.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:25 am

Green Bay - Minnesota games always have a weird dynamic. It seems the Vikings either don't show up when they have a great year or play out of their minds when they are having a bad year - and Favre's had some of his worst games at the Metrodome. I think we're going to have to wait till next week.

Also, one of those picks looked like it might have been a TD if the WR ran the right route. Not great news, but at least it might be the WRs who aren't sharp.

Friendliness: %

Postby hawksfan896 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:37 am

If you sit Favre for a few weeks you WILL lose points. I think it was a good call in one of the above posts that GB MIN always is strange. It's a rivalry game (same with DAL WASH, you can pretty much bet the worst team will win the matchup. Remember the year Dallas went 1-15? They beat Washington- there're just some series' like these that are strange) so you have to "give him a mulligan" as you said. He's going against Detroit at home this week for chrissakes, a D that just made Jeff Blake look like a future HOFer, after that Arizona, a team that made Joey Harrington look like he's going to look next year, then Chi town on Monday night (the 49ers just hung a tidy 49 spot on what passes for a defense in Chicago). This is not the time to sit Favre. One thing he is is a gamer. He has a history of making his receivers look very good, and he can't have coincidentally had that many good receivers. The Packers have the 3rd easiest schedule in the league going off last years records, and Favre should carry you to a very decent season. The Giants on the other hand have a moderately difficult schedule. After what should be an easy one at Dallas monday night, they have a road game at Washington, bye week, Miami, New England (who is better than Buffalo made them look), then at Philly. Favre should be your guy for the forseeable future.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:58 am

7th round is exactly where Favre should go, at the earliest. He is no better (and probably not as good as) than several other QB's available in the round 7-10 range such as Bledsoe, Brady, T Green, Hasselbeck, and Maddox. Favre isn't a fantasy MVP anymore. He is solid, 1.5 TD's a week and 250 yards.

I'd expect the Packers to slow things down and use ALOT of Ahman Green and hope to control the clock. Ahman to the outside, Ahman up the middle, Ahman with a screen pass. Javon Walker and Bubba will get most of the attention from Favre. Their numbers should increase, but the overall production from Favre will probably go down.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby pmix » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:30 pm

How does the signing of Freeman affect Favre's value, is it gonna take him a game or two to get in the flow?? Does anyone remember how Favre and Freeman operated together in the past??

Personally, I'm stickin with him. But I just picked up Bulger and if he looks good and Favre has another bad game this week, I won't wait too long to make the switch.

The Luap Weasels
QB - Favre, Bulger
RB - Henry, A Green, Barber, Hambrick
WR - Moulds, Horn, Driver, Kor Robinson, Ch Johnson
K - Wilkins
Def - Titans
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next