brady and the pats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

brady and the pats

Moderator: Football Moderators

brady and the pats

Postby ngub12 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:39 pm

how much do the losses to the oline decrease his value? any owners out there that would feel more comfotable with a delhomme or a roethlisberger than brady at this point?
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjigglers » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:19 pm

try the DTKaW forum next time.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:33 pm

jjigglers wrote:try the DTKaW forum next time.

Well, no, I don't think it's a question about trading or waivers, he's just wanting an opinion on Brady. I think you're in the right forum, bro. I think Brady will be fine. The Patriots pretty much operate on a quick passing system anyway, so it's not like they need studs on the O-line for the passing game to be effective.

I think the losses hurt Dillon more than anyone.

TO answer your question, I would still rather have Brady than Delhomme or especially Roethlisberger. Roeth plays mistake free football, but they don't ask him to throw the ball that often either.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jjigglers » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:51 pm

bagobonez wrote:

Well, no, I don't think it's a question about trading or waivers, he's just wanting an opinion on Brady. I think you're in the right forum, bro. I think Brady will be fine. The Patriots pretty much operate on a quick passing system anyway, so it's not like they need studs on the O-line for the passing game to be effective.

TO answer your question, I would still rather have Brady than Delhomme or especially Roethlisberger. Roeth plays mistake free football, but they don't ask him to throw the ball that often either.

Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions
Looking for opinions on a trade offer or who to drop for a free agent? Need input on who to draft or keep for next season, or how several players stack up against one another? You've come to the right place!

ranking these qbs.
how would you guys rank these qbs from a fantasy perspective for the rest of the season.

Brady
Delhomme
Roethlisberger
Plummer

my qbs are hurting and im looking to trade for two of them.

and

chad pennington/jay fiedler
im in an 8 man league that starts 3 qbs. needless to say they can become very very scarce. the kid that had penni picked up fiedler after he fumbled 6 times and was benched and then dropped him (fiedler) later that night to pick up anthony wright. so fiedler is just sitting on the wire. would he be worth a pick up (penni's injury history/poor play) or do u guys think he has more job security than that.

thanks

which were both posted in the leftovers, not to mention a duplicate post (brady and the pats) in the DTKaW forum.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:00 pm

jjigglers wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions
Looking for opinions on a trade offer or who to drop for a free agent? Need input on who to draft or keep for next season, or how several players stack up against one another? You've come to the right place!

ranking these qbs.
how would you guys rank these qbs from a fantasy perspective for the rest of the season.

Brady
Delhomme
Roethlisberger
Plummer

my qbs are hurting and im looking to trade for two of them.

and

chad pennington/jay fiedler
im in an 8 man league that starts 3 qbs. needless to say they can become very very scarce. the kid that had penni picked up fiedler after he fumbled 6 times and was benched and then dropped him (fiedler) later that night to pick up anthony wright. so fiedler is just sitting on the wire. would he be worth a pick up (penni's injury history/poor play) or do u guys think he has more job security than that.

thanks

which were both posted in the leftovers, not to mention a duplicate post (brady and the pats) in the DTKaW forum.

Just let it go. Let the moderators decide where the posts go. You dont have to be the "forum police" here.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjigglers » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:10 pm

No disrespect to the original poster. Perhaps he didnt know better, so I directed him towards the correct place to put the question.

Personally, I felt like bagobonez was addressing me, and I felt the need to address his post.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ngub12 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:56 pm

ya know some of you guys are rediculous. im asking a question and hoping to get an answer. im not looking for a debate on which forum to post it. just answer it or dont. thank you to all of you that leave it up to the mods (as it is their job not ours) and actually answer the questions. after all thats what makes this forum beneficial to us all.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ngub12 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:58 pm

btw jigglers. how much time do u have on ur hands to dig up a month worth of my posts? THANKS MAN.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:17 am

Guys, let's be civilized and not get into a stupid argument here. :-D

As for the question, I'd take Brady over those 2 other QBs any day. Delhomme and Big Ben are both in run heavy offenses, which will limit the number of passing TDs they'll have. I wouldn't worry about the O-line losses too much for right now since Bellichick does a good job of getting the most out of his bench (e.g., Troy Brown situation last year).
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:29 am

Delhomme only put up 2 TDs against GB. That says something about how run committed his team is. Brady is 3rd in the NFL in passing attempts current, henceforth, he'll get more yards, probably more TDs, and probably more INTs, but its Brady, so he might actually have less.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk