Lee Evans becomes A stud or dud under new QB....... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lee Evans becomes A stud or dud under new QB.......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lee Evans becomes A stud or dud under new QB.......

Postby sleepers3 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:21 pm

I think the QB switch will vault Evans play.It will take 1 or 2 games but watch Evans become a factor in Fantasy Football again.
Dominick Davis 1500 yards you watch!!!!
sleepers3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sekrah » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:45 pm

Lee Evans is the #1 sleeper this week.

Steve Smith's speed ripped the Dolphins defense to shreads as they tried to culp with Stephen Davis

Holcomb is a MAJOR upgrade above JP Losman. Holcomb completed passes at a 65% clip in Cleveland, who themselves had a very weak WR corp and not near as strong a running game as Bills have with McGahee.

Dolphins have Junior Seau banged up and is questionable. Especially if Seau is out, they should be packing the box to stop McGahee and see what Holcomb has.

Evans should have free reign on Miami's secondary.. I wouldn't be suprised if Holcomb found him for two bombs.
Sekrah
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby 1crzydmnd » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:59 pm

Evans value can only go up...that's for sure. Holcomb is a definite improvement over Loserman. I would hold off on Evans to see how he plays this week.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:07 pm

I'm not sipping that kool-aid. He has no done anything this year, and doesn't have a great track record either. I think he was just one of those young players that didn't shape up, it happens. Sometimes you're just in a bad situation, I don't care who's throwing the ball.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:04 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:I'm not sipping that kool-aid. He has no done anything this year, and doesn't have a great track record either.

No one in the Buffalo passing game has done anything.

Here are Losman's starts: 170 yards (Evans had 68), 113 yards, 75 yards, and 75 yards.

Doesn't have a great track record? He had 48 catches for 843 and 9TDs in his rookie season last year. 9TDs is pretty good for a fantasy receiver...let alone a rookie who came outta nowhere.

Want to spout any other BS?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjigglers » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:20 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:I'm not sipping that kool-aid. He has no done anything this year, and doesn't have a great track record either.

No one in the Buffalo passing game has done anything.

Here are Losman's starts: 170 yards (Evans had 68), 113 yards, 75 yards, and 75 yards.

Doesn't have a great track record? He had 48 catches for 843 and 9TDs in his rookie season last year. 9TDs is pretty good for a fantasy receiver...let alone a rookie who came outta nowhere.

Want to spout any other BS?

I'm with Packman on this one. Peerless Price was the last receiver to benefit from Moulds' extremely weird odd/even year curse, and look where Price is now. It's 2005, and Moulds should have an off-year (according to past history).
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:24 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:I'm not sipping that kool-aid. He has no done anything this year, and doesn't have a great track record either. I think he was just one of those young players that didn't shape up, it happens. Sometimes you're just in a bad situation, I don't care who's throwing the ball.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. Lee Evans was pretty good with Bledsoe back there and i think Holcomb is just as capable as Bledsoe was in that offense. McGahee will help open that pass game each week and Lee will be a good fantasy play.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:20 pm

Ok sorry if I was misunderstood, by track record I mean by legnth of sucess in the league, 1 year obviously isn't that long. Also keep in mind who threw him the ball during his success, Bledsoe. Now he, as Brutaly Huge said, is in a simply inefficiant situation, that team is seemingly in capable moving the ball through the air.

I never said anything about Lee Evens talent, I was referring to the team he's on impacting his FF value. On other teams I am sure he'd be a great FF player, just not on the BIlls.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby GMoney » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:50 pm

1 good year outta 1 is a pretty good track record in my books.

how can you expect good yards so far this year when your QB is averaging 80 yards per game....
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tomkatt » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:49 pm

Sekrah wrote:Lee Evans is the #1 sleeper this week.

Steve Smith's speed ripped the Dolphins defense to shreads as they tried to culp with Stephen Davis

Holcomb is a MAJOR upgrade above JP Losman. Holcomb completed passes at a 65% clip in Cleveland, who themselves had a very weak WR corp and not near as strong a running game as Bills have with McGahee.

Dolphins have Junior Seau banged up and is questionable. Especially if Seau is out, they should be packing the box to stop McGahee and see what Holcomb has.

Evans should have free reign on Miami's secondary.. I wouldn't be suprised if Holcomb found him for two bombs.

I've got this strange feeling about Randle-El. I think he's going to make a couple HUGE plays this week. Evan's is a nice sleeper pick too, but I'm going with -El.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk