Anyone think David Givens might have a big day tomorrow? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone think David Givens might have a big day tomorrow?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone think David Givens might have a big day tomorrow?

Postby biju » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:12 pm

With DeAngelo Hall covering Deion Branch and shutting him out I think Brady is going to be forced to look to Given more tomorrow.

Given will be covered mainly by Jason Webster and I believe Givens has both height on him as well as speed.

I'm not talking about some insane numbers, but something like 8 catches for 80 yards and a TD. Pretty good for someone who's probably not on most people's radars.

Thoughts?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stoner420 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:54 pm

it possible, but with the pats u just cannot expect any of them to get consistant numbers... brady spreads the ball around too much.
stoner420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:17 pm

stoner420 wrote:it possible, but with the pats u just cannot expect any of them to get consistant numbers... brady spreads the ball around too much.

You know, I used to think that too, but after taking a good look at the numbers he really doesn't do it as much as you think.

- Last week 14 of Brady's 19 completions went to either Givens (6) or Pass (8).

- Two weeks ago 15 of Brady's 31 completions went to Givens (9) or Branch (6). Kevin Faulk also had 7 receptions during this game.

- Three weeks ago 13 of Brady's 23 completions went to either Givens (5) or Branch (8).

- Week 1 Brady threw 13 of 24 completions to either Branch or Brown.

I guess what I'm trying (poorly) to point out is that Brady tends to lock onto two guys during each game and then shoot out a pass or two to the others. In this week's game I think Branch will be difficult to get the ball to so Brady will locate Givens or will dump the ball off.

That's the reason for the ~8 catches prediction I gave. Hopefully it will come true as I think I have to put Givens in to replace an ailing Horn.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tomkatt » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:08 am

I think Givens is a very nice play this week. I can see 60-80 yards with a TD on the low end.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:10 am

It's really hard to say from one week to the next who "the man" in the Pats' Passing Game will be. Also, I think that saying that Hall will be on Branch all the time isn't entirely accurate. While teams do sometimes assign their #1 CB to cover the opponents #1 WR no matter what I don't necessarily see the Falcons doing that for the same reason that picking which Pats' WR will have the big day is such a nightmare...Brady spreads the wealth..A LOT.

This Game has turned into a big ????, especially if Vick sits. (which would be great news for Dillon owners).

Givens could go for 100 and a TD, or 20. It's a crapshoot.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:16 am

Dwight is the best bet to get a wide receiver touchdown (again) this week. I think Givens will pile up some yards, but ATL hasn't given up a TD all year to a #1 or #2 receiver. I think Brady will throw 2 TDs, one to Dwight and the other to one of the tight ends (probably Graham.)

If your league gives points for receptions and decent points on yardage, then Givens would be an okay start.

Assuming there's somebody on the other team to throw him the ball, Jenkins is probably the best bet for a WR score. The Pats have given up 4 #1 WR scores this season.

Oh yeah, and here's my annual Pats Defense prediction: Troy Brown gets a defensive touchdown in this game ;-D
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk