If your player is on local or n'tnl tv, does that factor in - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If your player is on local or n'tnl tv, does that factor in

Moderator: Football Moderators

If your player is on local or n'tnl tv, does that factor in

Postby iloveny18 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:13 pm

your lineup decision. Of course i'm talking about similar players. If you have a few average/similar players with the same type of matchup and you just don't know who to start, does the fact that they're going to be on your local 1 or 4pm game or even on espn or mnf and you get to watch that player in action kinda the tipping point in your decision?

Since I have Lefty going, and while I can find a similar matchup, I think it'll be fun watching sun. night fb and rooting for him. So i'm wondering if anyone does the same?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:18 pm

Primetime baby, yes it does matter. Not in your line-up decisions but definitely in the way a player plays, I think they try harder... it's human nature.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tomkatt » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:22 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Primetime baby, yes it does matter. Not in your line-up decisions but definitely in the way a player plays, I think they try harder... it's human nature.

I agree, plus it's always a treat to watch one of your players perform. If it's between two similar players, I'll almost always start the guy that's playing in the game I can watch. It's just more fun, and fun is why I play this game.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby drivebytruckers » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:31 pm

That's a great post, I have never really thought about it like that...
drivebytruckers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dave416 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:33 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Primetime baby, yes it does matter. Not in your line-up decisions but definitely in the way a player plays, I think they try harder... it's human nature.

Agreed on all counts. Also, do people ever lean towards starting someone that plays on Monday so that you have a safety net or a safeguard in case you are behind after Sunday's action?
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby tomkatt » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:46 pm

dave416 wrote:

Agreed on all counts. Also, do people ever lean towards starting someone that plays on Monday so that you have a safety net or a safeguard in case you are behind after Sunday's action?

Ha ha ha. How about just the fact that you know your opponent will be squirming knowing you have a chance to do some MNF damage. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:59 pm

dave416 wrote: Also, do people ever lean towards starting someone that plays on Monday so that you have a safety net or a safeguard in case you are behind after Sunday's action?

In my Sportsline league you can switch players up to 5 minutes before the game. I have picked up a guy during the week that plays on the Sunday night or Monday night game that could have a breakout game if (and this is a big "if") I have a "steady" player also playing in one of those games.

In other words, if I have a guy that I know is going to produce 10 points on Monday night I may also pick up a guy that could bust or give me 20 points. Then, if I'm losing by more than I believe my steady guy will generate I will put in my "breakout" guy and hope for a good game.

This play has actually helped me win two games over the past 4 years. Of course, it also didn't help 4 other times but I would have lost those games anyway based on who I could have plugged in there.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jayday » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:08 am

dave416 wrote:

agree with both these posts...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby aerodan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:32 am

Get the Sunday ticket...then you can watch all your players ;-D
aerodan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby packers04 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:35 am

im going to the packer game today and decided to start brooks and driver just because I will be at the game to see them, it will an exciting game for me to watch. hopefully it all works out, brooks scores alot and the pack win!
packers04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk