If your player is on local or n'tnl tv, does that factor in - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If your player is on local or n'tnl tv, does that factor in

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:47 am

You betcha ... it's good kharma ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:21 pm

I give extra weight to a player that plays on Monday Night. More of a tiebreaker than anything else though. Always nice to know you have an ace in the hole.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Vixtor » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:25 pm

If I determine a matchup to be too close to decide I always, always go with the one I can watch on TV. That's my tiebreaker. Especially a Monday nighter - I like knowing how much I need or if I won already. But only when the matchup is close.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benm3218 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:59 pm

for me yes it does. it shouldn't but it does....
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby pangbones » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:42 pm

Absolutely it does. It makes the game worth watching sometimes. I picked up Rattay last week and watched in horror as he was pulled from the game. I lost by 2 pts, so it isn't always the best strategy, but it makes it more exciting.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby R00k » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:10 am

biju wrote:
dave416 wrote: Also, do people ever lean towards starting someone that plays on Monday so that you have a safety net or a safeguard in case you are behind after Sunday's action?

In my Sportsline league you can switch players up to 5 minutes before the game. I have picked up a guy during the week that plays on the Sunday night or Monday night game that could have a breakout game if (and this is a big "if") I have a "steady" player also playing in one of those games.

In other words, if I have a guy that I know is going to produce 10 points on Monday night I may also pick up a guy that could bust or give me 20 points. Then, if I'm losing by more than I believe my steady guy will generate I will put in my "breakout" guy and hope for a good game.

This play has actually helped me win two games over the past 4 years. Of course, it also didn't help 4 other times but I would have lost those games anyway based on who I could have plugged in there.

Very interesting. Of course, I imagine the problem is how the heck do you know someone is likely to bust out for 20 points?
The only example I can think of this working is when you have a WR who has been consistently getting 8 catches a game but no TD's. You pick up someone from FA who has had a game here and there with a TD or 2. You pickup the guy with the chance at the TD's.

I'll keep that strategy in mind. I don't know if I'll be able to use it though, because the players seem to do the opposite of what I think they will do anyhow.
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk