Browns lose another 1st rd Draft Pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Browns lose another 1st rd Draft Pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Browns lose another 1st rd Draft Pick...

Postby scb175 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:26 am

Braylon Edwards, infection in his elbow... may require surgery.

http://www.cleveland.com/sportsflash/browns/index.ssf?/base/sports-17/1128861540310360.xml&storylist=brownsnews

Adjust lineups accordingly
scb175
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:55 am

No reason to add lib in "may require surgery", the breaking news is cool...but the your link and others I have found this morning say nothing about surgery.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scb175 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:44 am

Actually, I was wrong.... he had surgery on it yesterday

CHeck your Info

He's receiving an Iv at the Cleveland Clinic. Had minor surgery on it yesterday, will get it finished tomorrow.

Mort just said he could miss up to 8 weeks.

Edit: lib update http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-edwardsout&prov=ap&type=lgns
scb175
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby vapormike » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:19 pm

unbelievable. it's like the browns are allergic to healthy/productive first round picks.
vapormike
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jayday » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:54 pm

scb175 wrote:Actually, I was wrong.... he had surgery on it yesterday

CHeck your Info

He's receiving an Iv at the Cleveland Clinic. Had minor surgery on it yesterday, will get it finished tomorrow.

Edit: lib update http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-edwardsout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Shazzam! 8-o
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:27 pm

jayday wrote:
scb175 wrote:Actually, I was wrong.... he had surgery on it yesterday

CHeck your Info

Shazzam! 8-o

They said he should be back next week and ready for the Baltimore game so 6-8 weeks is not gonna happen unless something unfortunate happens
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smee » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:06 pm

Does this give Bryant some value? I mean he had 2 TDs this weak and he's pretty much it in the Brownies receiving corps. He'd probably be worth a pick up if you have some trash to jettison.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:56 am

Smee wrote:Does this give Bryant some value? I mean he had 2 TDs this weak and he's pretty much it in the Brownies receiving corps. He'd probably be worth a pick up if you have some trash to jettison.

Bryant has been the #1 WR for the Browns since this preseason. Braylon Edwards hasnt really been challenging Bryant for that yet, so while I can see Bryant getting a couple more looks per game now that Edwards is down, its not like Bryant is going to climb the depth chart without Edwards - he was the #1 before the injury anyway.

Bryant is a nice bye week fill in option, and he should have been picked up already in most leagues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk