Will Warner see his job back? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Warner see his job back?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Warner see his job back?

Postby duce » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:15 pm

Any Coments
duce

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby 49ers Forever » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:20 pm

i bet not. Martz said that when he is ready, there is no guarantee that the starting job will be waiting for him. If Bulger produces, expect to see warner holding the clipboard. martz won't take another season like last year.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby duce » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:23 pm

would you drop holcomb for bulger? Its a gamble but if it pays off it could do my team very well?
duce

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:29 pm

When he indicated that Bulger would start he was asked several times if Warner would have his job as #1 when he feels healthy. Martz refused to answer at any time. This is the reverse of what he did last year when he said that Warner would assume #1 when he returned.

If Bulger excels there is no way Martz brings warner back.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:48 pm

warner is a top quarterback when healthy......he played thru the game with a concussion got no time in the pocket and threw for 350 yards......he hes healthy he should start...........bulger is a bum and just got lucky last year with that insane offense and defense stepped up while he was at qb

youy're the bum

Postby Crystalsteam » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:47 pm

The last person that posted as a guest,said that Bulger was a BUM must be a Warner owner !!!!!!! Who last year had a better record as a starter, that so called bum Bulger(as you refure to or that guy Warner...... you're the dumasswho probably drafted Warner in the 2nd or 3rd round,thinking it was the Warner of 2 years ago!!!!!!! you and Warner are both BUMS......Bulgers the man NOW BABY !!!!!!! He'll bring the Rams back to respectabiliy,and it will help out FAULK owners to,having a real quarterback running things......Both Faulk and Bulger Owners will benefit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crystalsteam

Postby chinch sacs » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:56 pm

I too agree with Crystal, I think Faulk will do MUCH better with Bulger at the helm. I also picked up Bulger for this week (dropped Plummer, my back-up QB) Im not going to start him, just see what he can do, IF they beat the 9ers on SUN, I think Martz HAS to keep starting him. If he does start Warner in week 3, after Bulger had a good week, and Waner faulters, Martz might be looking for a new job in week 4.

I here the Hy-Vee is looking for another stock-boy... :-D
Fantasy sports are dominated by the 50-50-90 rule.
any time you have a 50/50 choice on something,
90% of the time you'll get it wrong.
chinch sacs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:03 pm

I'm starting Bulger. As you can see I'm a 9ers fan but our secondary is highly suspect. Bulger is a more than respectable passer and I expect good things out of him this year.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sikoskul » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:21 pm

Guys, while I agree that Bulger is the best quarterback on that team, and the only chance they've got of making it deep into the playoffs, we're talking about Martz here. Can't you just imagine if Bulger has just an adequate game that he would plug Warner in again? I've given up on trying to figure out the workings of demented minds like Martz's and Spurrier's. There's going to be a mutiny on that team, believe that
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:35 pm

If Bulger has a very good, not great game AND the Rams win, Bulger will be the starter.

Next

Return to Football Talk