Stephen Davis needs to sit - Foster is so much better. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stephen Davis needs to sit - Foster is so much better.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stephen Davis needs to sit - Foster is so much better.

Postby kcs261 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:42 pm

What in the heck are the Panthers doing playing old Stephen Davis when they have a young player in DeShaun Foster who is so much better? Foster needs to take that job at some point. It's ridiculous that they are still starting that old man over a would-be fantasy stud in Foster. Not only can Foster grind out yards, but he can catch the ball out of the backfield. It's time to put Stephen Davis to pasture.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:00 pm

i don't mind so long as they tell us so that i can get davis out of my lineup.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Paladyr » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:37 pm

davis TD, SWEET!!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:15 pm

c'mon. davis burned up over twice the play clock of foster while only using up about the same amount of yards. he's gold baby, gold!!!
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Turnip » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:23 pm

You've gotta be kidding, Davis is getting old but he is still a much better back than Foster.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Stephen Davis needs to sit - Foster is so much better.

Postby jjigglers » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:25 pm

kcs261 wrote:What in the heck are the Panthers doing playing old Stephen Davis when they have a young player in DeShaun Foster who is so much better? Foster needs to take that job at some point. It's ridiculous that they are still starting that old man over a would-be fantasy stud in Foster. Not only can Foster grind out yards, but he can catch the ball out of the backfield. It's time to put Stephen Davis to pasture.

Sounds like a Foster owner to me.

Davis is doing fine. You realize he has 7 rushing TDs right now, right?
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:03 pm

Anyone that's been around here the last few months knows that I've been pimping Davis incessantly, and I've been saying the last 6 months that Davis would get the start week 1 in Carolina and put up good numbers. I've also been Mr. anti-Foster in several multi-page thread arguements about Foster throughout the offseason.

All that said, as an owner of both Davis and Foster right now, Davis just seems so slow and sluggish, and for the sake of my own fantasy team I wish Fox would just go with Foster as the feature back.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:11 pm

Foster is probably better than Stephen Davis, but he isn't some uber-stud. I never trust backs who put up 5 yards per carry as a backup until I see that they can carry the load.

Look what happened to Kevan Barlow.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vixtor » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 pm

Foster tends to either break a nice run or lose yards. He's tough to count on for 1st and 10 or something whereas Davis should be able to pickup 4 yards without bouncing all around. Not sure if Foster still runs like this but I think it's what has been keeping him out of the starting role.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:16 pm

Turnip wrote:You've gotta be kidding, Davis is getting old but he is still a much better back than Foster.

This is waay off, and the original post is correct, IMHO. Deshaun is more explosive and athletic. Davis' ypc is worse and he isn't the reciever out of the backfield that Foster is.

Though it'd make no fantasy owners happy, they should feature Foster, and continue to give Davis the redzone looks he's excelled at.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk