Brandon Lloyd?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Lloyd??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevininvegas » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:08 pm

Alex Smith looked much worse then I thought he would. I guess the colts are a big improvment ove BYU and Wyoming.
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kcs261 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:36 pm

You had to figure he wouldn't be stellar in his first full game. But...he was absolutely terrible. I didn't expect that he'd be that bad.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby typhus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:44 am

Matthias wrote:nope. don't own lloyd. not in one league. and haven't at all this year.

but i can still call a tool a tool. makes me ashamed to be a vikings fan... but there always were meatheads back home.

I had to play him , and never got to see any of the game,, but I did see a big goose egg next to his name when I looked at my score this morning. I guess the rook never even looked his way, or Indys secondary just totally took Lloyd out of the game.
Doesnt matter, since I still outscored my opponent by 60 pts!!!
Lol..... Ill still start Lloyd this year,, just not right away,, I gotta see how the rook starts performing first....
typhus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nate0wnsy0u » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:08 am

;-/ Any chance they'll put rattay back in there :P... I mean if alex can't perform they might aswell. This is the only reason i might hold on to lloyd.
nate0wnsy0u
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:34 am

I guess the rook never even looked his way, or Indys secondary just totally took Lloyd out of the game.

Didn't watch the game, but listened to it on radio. It seemed as if Smith didn't look towards Lloyd at all. The 2 passes he threw in Lloyd's direction were both rushed floaters that were intercepted.

As far as starting Lloyd in the future, I'd have to wait a few weeks unless they get Rattay back in there
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:24 pm

SAVAGE WAYZ wrote:
I guess the rook never even looked his way, or Indys secondary just totally took Lloyd out of the game.

Didn't watch the game, but listened to it on radio. It seemed as if Smith didn't look towards Lloyd at all. The 2 passes he threw in Lloyd's direction were both rushed floaters that were intercepted.

As far as starting Lloyd in the future, I'd have to wait a few weeks unless they get Rattay back in there

He wasn't looking for any receivers... unless he's color blind and can't tell the difference between Red and White jerseys.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby dorje3 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:10 pm

nate0wnsy0u wrote:;-/ Any chance they'll put rattay back in there :P... I mean if alex can't perform they might aswell. This is the only reason i might hold on to lloyd.

I was at the press conference after the game. Nolan was asked if Smith would remain the starter. His reponse?
"Absolutely."
Nolan made it quite clear that the team would stick with Smith for the remainder of the season, for better or for worse.
Of course, nothing is ever set in stone.

Here is a link to the article:

http://cityathletes.com/topstory.php?na ... pid=8&cnl=
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mudd » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:35 am

Had the 9ers Oline been able to give Smith ANY kind of time, Lloyd would have had a LONG td. It ended up being underthrown and picked b/c Smith got hammered on the play and couldn't step into it.

I'd expect by the last 1/4 of the season that Lloyd will be worth starting again. If Jennings comes back for the 9ers, Smith should have some time and be able to hit some of his receivers.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mudd » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:39 am

nate0wnsy0u wrote:;-/ Any chance they'll put rattay back in there :P... I mean if alex can't perform they might aswell. This is the only reason i might hold on to lloyd.

Why would they do that? Rattay got the team past the 50 yard line ONCE against the CARDINALS.

Rattay had his shot and blew it. The future is now for the 9ers. It's not like they are going to make the playoffs, so why even bother with Rattay. I'd be less suprised to see him traded for a 7th round draft pick in the next week than if he started another game.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:16 am

typhus wrote:
Matthias wrote:nope. don't own lloyd. not in one league. and haven't at all this year.

but i can still call a tool a tool. makes me ashamed to be a vikings fan... but there always were meatheads back home.

I had to play him , and never got to see any of the game,, but I did see a big goose egg next to his name when I looked at my score this morning. I guess the rook never even looked his way, or Indys secondary just totally took Lloyd out of the game.
Doesnt matter, since I still outscored my opponent by 60 pts!!!
Lol..... Ill still start Lloyd this year,, just not right away,, I gotta see how the rook starts performing first....

The Indy secondary didn't take Lloyd out of the game. Alex Smith took Lloyd out of the game.

The Niner's are so confident in the #1 pick, the sent him on a QB SWEEP on a 3rd and long situation in the first half when the Colt's only led by a touchdown.

A FREAKING QB SWEEP!!@#! I was looking behind Alex Smith to see if there was an option back. It was embarassing.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk