Worried Spurrier to face "Fun-n-Gun" student. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worried Spurrier to face "Fun-n-Gun" student.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worried Spurrier to face "Fun-n-Gun" student.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:15 pm

By Jody Foldesy
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The Atlanta Falcons have a translator for the Fun 'n' Gun.
Falcons quarterback Doug Johnson is a product of the system Washington coach Steve Spurrier made famous at Florida. With potential espionage in mind, the Redskins are changing around their calls and hand signals for Sunday's game at Atlanta.
"Oh, I'm sure he'll go in there and tell them a lot of our audibles, a lot of our signals and stuff," said Redskins assistant quarterbacks coach Noah Brindise, who played with Johnson at Florida. "So we're going to have to find a way to combat that."
Complicating the situation is the noise level at the Georgia Dome. Quarterback Patrick Ramsey might have to resort completely to hand signals at times to get the offense into the right play. And hand signals will be easier for Atlanta to spot.
"We're going to have to change some stuff, and we're all going to have to be on the same page," Ramsey said. "We've got to know it."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:21 pm

Thanks again G Pup for more good stuff. I was already leaning toward the Falcs in the sweet 16 pool. Now can you tell us if Johnson knows which RB will get more carries?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk