New Orleans Saints

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby venus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:46 am

My goof; changing my fill-in TE from Cooley to Dallas Clark, ouch!

10 team league
2-2
QB's Palmer, Brees
RB's SA, Dillon, JLewis, R. Williams
WR's DJax, Kennison, Driver,Housh, Rod Smith,Antonio Bryant
TE's Gonzo, Dallas Clark
K's Elam
D Da Bears
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:57 am

Hate to pick on a rook, but the Alex Smith Show wasn't pretty to watch. Not that it was all his fault, of course...

Nah, give the rookie a bye. The Saints deserve the goofball this week. That was brutal.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:33 am

Aaron "Sport Goofy" Brooks
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:45 am

Brooks killed me...I knew having him on my roster would catch up with me eventually, but 0.5 points.....insane! Not to mention Conwell...I'm used to TE's getting you low points, but negative points...hold onto the damn ball! Between those two, I have successfully scored the lowest # of points in my league for the first time in my fantasy football career. The only thing that can salvage this week is if the Chargers kick some major A$$ tonight on MNF!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:46 am

Had to start AJ also this week due to Housh being questionable and he layed a goose egg for me.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:47 am

Sport Goofy. That's hilarious.

Mine goes to Marvin Harrison. After 2 first qtr grabs I don't remember him getting hardly another look the rest of the game.

Another one is Erron Kinney. 14 catches the last two weeks, and Troupe isn't supposed to play? Well, Troupe does, and has a great day. Ooops.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
moochman wrote:The NFL officials. They are losing credibility with each week. The Ravens were crucified by the refs today and the replay dorks got both the replays wrong: Pinner was not near the goal line and Harrington's fumble that turned into a large gain was a foward pass. Effing Reffing all in all, NFL.

I thought the Edge fumble near the end zone was incorrectly reviewed and upheld also. In my view, he had the ball secured in one hand, put it over the goal line, and then lost the handle on the ball. As soon as it passes over that imaginary plane, it shouldn't matter what happens to the ball...it is a TD. Oh well; probably won't matter anyway as I had to start Lloyd and McDonald as my WR's. :-t

Good call on the zebras... that Indy call was forking terrible. Although, I'm a little concerned because I actually agreed with Dan Dierdorf on this one.

I know Tom Jackson "liked it," but I think Drew Bledsoe had the goof of week 5 for getting in Keyshawn's face for fumbling the ball. Its nice that he's showing leadership, but instead of everyone talking about how the Cowboys dominated the best team in the NFC, everyone is talking about how Drew and ME-shawn got in a spat. Wait to take the focus off the fact that you won!

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:21 am

The_Dude wrote:I know Tom Jackson "liked it," but I think Drew Bledsoe had the goof of week 5 for getting in Keyshawn's face for fumbling the ball. Its nice that he's showing leadership, but instead of everyone talking about how the Cowboys dominated the best team in the NFC, everyone is talking about how Drew and ME-shawn got in a spat. Wait to take the focus off the fact that you won!

Great call Dude...I had almost forgotten about this...ironic though, Bledsoe shouldn't be casting stones.....
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:29 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:I know Tom Jackson "liked it," but I think Drew Bledsoe had the goof of week 5 for getting in Keyshawn's face for fumbling the ball. Its nice that he's showing leadership, but instead of everyone talking about how the Cowboys dominated the best team in the NFC, everyone is talking about how Drew and ME-shawn got in a spat. Wait to take the focus off the fact that you won!

Great call Dude...I had almost forgotten about this...ironic though, Bledsoe shouldn't be casting stones.....

Its one thing for Drew to get on a rookie for making a bone-headed mistake, but everyone fumbles the ball every once in awhile, and as much of an ass as he is, Me-Shawn has been around the block. How could Drew not expect him to blow up? I'm not excusing Keyshawn's predictably "diva-esque" behavior, but Drew should've known better.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk