Tyson Thompson??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tyson Thompson???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tyson Thompson???

Postby Shockers » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:27 pm

I worked all day today and didn't catch any games. Anyone watch the Cowboys game? Why did Thompson get more carries than Julius Jones? Looks like they put up comparable numbers.
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby my62ragtop » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:34 pm

Here is what I got -

At Halftime -
Jones limped off the field at the end of the second quarter against Philadelphia after apparently tweaking his ankle.

After The Game -
Jones, who did not play in the second half against Philadelphia in Week 5, was nursing a leg injury. With the game well out of hand, he was mostly rested as a precaution.

He is supposed to be okay for Week 6.

Jason
my62ragtop
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:54 am

Yeah, Julius should be OK...they were up big, so there was little reason to risk a further injury.

Jay could probably fill you in better than me, but this is what I gathered and saw...Thompson had a heck of a burst out of the backfield. He is a rookie, but I guess Parcells either thinks more of him than A-Train or they just wanted to get a look at him. He had a heck of a tryout if it were the latter.

I don't know if he'd get the nod over A-Train if Julius couldn't play due to injury, but he sure did look good. Maybe it is something worth monitoring if you own Julius. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:13 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Jay could probably fill you in better than me, but this is what I gathered and saw...Thompson had a heck of a burst out of the backfield. He is a rookie, but I guess Parcells either thinks more of him than A-Train or they just wanted to get a look at him. He had a heck of a tryout if it were the latter.

I'd say it was a combination of both factors. Thompson is probably the top option now should Jones go down, but considering the game's score, I'm sure Parcells also appreciated the chance to take another look at his rookie.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:09 am

So Barber didn't factor in? Is he hurt too?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:33 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So Barber didn't factor in? Is he hurt too?

I don't believe he's hurt, but he seems to be the low man on the totem pole right now.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dplymkr88 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:19 pm

Barber seems to be in Parcells doghouse for his inability to pickup the proper blocking assignments in the passing game and in ST. If I'm not mistaken he was inactive for the Philly game.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Manja » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:59 pm

Dplymkr88 wrote:Barber seems to be in Parcells doghouse for his inability to pickup the proper blocking assignments in the passing game and in ST. If I'm not mistaken he was inactive for the Philly game.

They're saying that Marion Barber was inactive because Thomas is a better blocking back. So yeah, you're right.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Johud » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:51 pm

Tyson is a better Running Back that Barber anyways. Tyson is very explosive.
Johud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk