Roy Williams, dud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roy Williams, dud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roy Williams, dud?

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:50 am

Does anyone think he's worth holding on to? This hammy injury is just salt on a wound IMO and I'm ready to drop him for anything with a glimmer of hope. Detroit is just awful.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:59 am

I keep holding on and holding on. Now it seem like he is just a roster space waste. With Rogers gone i was hoping for more. I'm gonna keep him on 1 more week. maybe. I changed my mind I'm dropping him for A Bryant while I still can

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:15 am

I think he's too good to just throw away on a flier. I would rather drop someone else.

He had a number of games he didn't fare too well in either last year, although ended up with pretty good numbers come the end of the season.

But tred carefully. There are a lot of games where Harrington throws for approx 100 yds. Give or take. With all those WRs and so little yards racked up by the QB, Roy's yardage may not end up being that high. But he still is a guy to look for in the redzone.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:16 am

You cannot drop him yet.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 am

This also depends on what your recv. corps looks like. Would you drop AJ now with his 7 catches and 76 yds? I've got plenty of recvs in this particular lg and RW just has not been producing.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:53 am

I've haven't seen any Lions games this year but I would have to assume that defenses are rolling the coverage towards him and double teaming him on almost all plays. Hopefully Cornbread can give some insight to us about Roy.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:55 am

killiansjmd wrote:I've haven't seen any Lions games this year but I would have to assume that defenses are rolling the coverage towards him and double teaming him on almost all plays. Hopefully Cornbread can give some insight to us about Roy.

I think it has more to do with harrington being terrible.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:56 am

Paladyr wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:I've haven't seen any Lions games this year but I would have to assume that defenses are rolling the coverage towards him and double teaming him on almost all plays. Hopefully Cornbread can give some insight to us about Roy.

I think it has more to do with harrington being terrible.

That could be the case as well! lol
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mnkyboy_21 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:04 am

As a Lions fan, I'd advice you to hang on to Roy Williams for at least another week or two. Detroit hasn't gotten its running game going yet, but their usual FB (Cory Schlesinger) has been out since the beginning of the season. Once Cory comes back (another week or two), Kevin Jones should improve and the running game will keep defenses more honest. Nevermind the fact that Joey may very well be replaced by Garcia once he's healthy again (again...another week or two). If you have the roster spot...hang onto him!
mnkyboy_21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:08 am

Roy has Moss tendencies it seems. He has all the talent in the world - but he also has huge mental lapses as well. He seems to practice well from reports, but then he'll quit on a play or disapear during games. He also had one of the highest drop % in the NFL last yr.

Then you factor in the injury situation - is he soft, or just unfortunate? With his disapearing acts its hard not to think he is just soft and has mental issues.

Joey isnt really helping his cause, but then again, he's not as bad as people think once he releases the ball - Joey is a decent passer. A lot of the problem comes from a conservative playbook - they simply arent going to stretch the field while Mooch is the coach there.

Bottom line: Roy is talented, but he isnt helping himself on the field. He is extremely inexperienced and it shows. He is also in a poor situation with the offense that Marriucci uses and the QB who doesnt exactly help him. Fantasy wise - if you drafted him, and were a regular at the Cafe this preseason - you were warned. If you do have him, there is nothing to do but bench him until he returns - you cannot drop him and his trade value isnt worth it either.

Injury situation: too early to tell. Chances are doubtful for Sunday against CAR.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk