Roy Williams, dud? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roy Williams, dud?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:21 am

"Bottom line: Roy is talented, but he isnt helping himself on the field. He is extremely inexperienced and it shows. He is also in a poor situation with the offense that Marriucci uses and the QB who doesnt exactly help him. Fantasy wise - if you drafted him, and were a regular at the Cafe this preseason - you were warned. If you do have him, there is nothing to do but bench him until he returns - you cannot drop him and his trade value isnt worth it either." C.B. Maxwell ESQ.

Sounds like a second warning CB Thanks for the FFFFlintown Input

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:51 am

The entire Lions corps of receivers is a disaster. Maybe it's herringbone, maybe it's mooch. I don't know I can't tell. I have Mike Williams on one of my teams and had to play him due to Horny's lack of appearence. guess how many points i got . . . 0, ZERO, I could've played horn and done just the same. Crap, I hate detroit, mooch and the whole situation there. Throw everyone one on that team (jones being the exception) off your roster and start playing the match up game with curtis and sammie parker, juervicius.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:07 am

I'm thinking the Lions receivers are starting to fall into the same category as the Bronco's RB's - you are always taking a big risk by playing them and probably should avoid them altogether. Yes, one of them will step up occasionally but in the meantime they're not worth it.

Yeah, Schlesinger will help when he comes back but let's be honest - any offense that falls apart when they lose a blocking fullback is an offense you probably should stay away from. Something's just not right in Detroit.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:31 am

Redskins Win wrote:The entire Lions corps of receivers is a disaster. Maybe it's herringbone, maybe it's mooch. I don't know I can't tell. I have Mike Williams on one of my teams and had to play him due to Horny's lack of appearence. guess how many points i got . . . 0, ZERO, I could've played horn and done just the same. Crap, I hate detroit, mooch and the whole situation there. Throw everyone one on that team (jones being the exception) off your roster and start playing the match up game with curtis and sammie parker, juervicius.

You've got my vote 'Skins

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:32 am

I can't see how you couldn't find a way to keep Roy on your roster, so no you don't drop him. Bloey and Mariucci are killing the O. I really think the receivers have no faith in Bloey, and furthermore in Mariucci's Wet Toast Offense.

I don't remember ever seeing a team run routes with such a lack of committment. Roy/Rogers are blessed with great speed, and yet they are asked to run short curl routes. A crossing route could give the same depth, but at speed. I think Mooch knows that Bloey can't hit a moving target, and so too do the receivers. So they aren't as enthused as they should be when running routes, and have no faith that Bloey will find them if they do. As an example when Pollard gets wide open deep Bloey misses him by about thirty yards. A high school QB makes that play, Bloey blows it.

So the situation is a mess, but Roy is too talented to give up on.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mnkyboy_21 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:59 am

moochman's comments hit the nail on the head. Joey is terrible with the long ball. I've seen him overshoot wide open receivers too many times to mention! It's OBVIOUS that his WR don't have faith in him. I heard Roy on local radio being asked...very directly...if the WRs had faith in Joey as their QB. He hesitated....hesitated some more....and then gave a politician's answer. It was something like "he's what we have right now...and so....yes...he's our guy for now". I think it's clear that Joey is out when Garcia becomes healthy. I know that Garcia is old, but he has experience and I think the WR will play for him. That, combined with a more effective run game, should be a huge help to Roy and the other receivers. You can dump him if you want, but I think it'd be a big mistake.
mnkyboy_21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:13 pm

Garcia is done. Those of you expecting him to revive the offense when he returns are going to be severely disapointed. If you think Joey's long passes are bad, just wait until the Velvet Lion floats one up there.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tomkatt » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:24 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Garcia is done. Those of you expecting him to revive the offense when he returns are going to be severely disapointed. If you think Joey's long passes are bad, just wait until the Velvet Lion floats one up there.

I have to agree with Cornbread on this one. From what I've seen of Garcia over the last year or so, he has very little arm strength left. Wasn't T.O. complaining about that very thing a few years back?
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:00 pm

I checked the forum before my draft and didn't see anything on roy williams.

Didn't roy start doing well in the second half of the season? Maybe they'll figure something out. G0d even when I typed that I knew I was lying through my teeth!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BostonBlades » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:29 pm

This just popped into my mind and I don't want to hijack, but I needed to ask...

What does anybody think of Orlovsky? He's my homeboy representing UConn. Does he get a shot?

But yea, Roy Williams...
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk