Best/Worst pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best/Worst pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best/Worst pick...

Postby taw856 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:59 am

Figured we're far enough into the year to start this thread. In retrospect, what was everyone's best and worst draft picks (credible leagues only -- none of this "ROFLOMG!!!1! I AM SO GREAT BECAUSE I GOT LADANIAN IN THE 4TH ROUND!)?

Though they have time to turn it around, I'm saying my worst pick was Baltimore's D in the 5th round, 55th overall. I really thought they'd be dominant this year, but I suppose I should have known better than to reach on a defense so early. (Another possible candidate for me is Domanick Davis, but he fell to the 18th pick in my draft, so even with it not working out, I don't think I could have really justified grabbing someone different there.)

My best pick was Stephen Davis in the 12th round, 138th overall. An afterthought for most people, I actually grabbed him AFTER DeShaun Foster was taken and am really enjoying watching Foster's owner scramble to improve a very subpar RB situation. (Also got Fred Taylor in the 7th round, Matt Hasselbeck in the 9th.)

Everyone else?
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:16 am

I would have to say in about 3 leagues, I took Michael Clayton as my #1 WR. That is proving to be tough to overcome, but I am rebounding ok from it. Hopefully he can come back and finish strong. I am not ready to quite throw in the towel on him yet.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:18 am

Best Pick: Randy McMichael in the 12th round. (TD in 4 straight)

Worst Pick: Priest Holmes at 1.2 or Drew Bennett in the 4th.

I'm regretting not taking Shaun at 1.2. Also, Bennett is kinda weak. He did well this week...so maybe he'll turn it around.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:21 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Best Pick: Randy McMichael in the 12th round. (TD in 4 straight)

Worst Pick: Priest Holmes at 1.2 or Drew Bennett in the 4th.

I'm regretting not taking Shaun at 1.2. Also, Bennett is kinda weak. He did well this week...so maybe he'll turn it around.

Sept. was the toughest part of the Titans schedule. There should be a major turn around. With Houston being the start.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby logan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:21 am

best so far plaxico burress(7).

worst so far mike anderson(8)/michael clayton(5)/andre johnson(3) toss up. every time i start anderson he sucks and clayton just sucks every week along with AJ.
Last edited by logan on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bd0493 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:24 am

Best so far has gotta be Steve Smith in the 5th round or Cadillac Williams in the 6th.

Worst has got to be Michael Bennett in the 4th- don't ask me what I was thinking- tied with Charles Rogers in the 7th and Troy Williamson in the 9th.

My draft was filled with great/terrible picks, as I also got Willie Parker who later landed me Steven Jackson, in the 20th round.
bd0493
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nate0wnsy0u » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:11 am

Worst would be Javon walker in the 4th just because in the first game he tore his ACL/out for the season :-/... Screw up my WR position.
nate0wnsy0u
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:23 am

My worst has gotta be Mike Anderson in the 4th round. We drafted the day after Anderson ripped that huge run against Indy in the pre-season. Now it looks like he's gonna lose the job to Bell. But I did grab Thomas Jones in the 7th.

Best pick definitely is Steve Smith in the 8th round. I've got the best WR duo in our league with Owens and Smith.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:04 am

Worst: Andre Johnson (5) or J.J. Arrington (6)

Best: Chad Johnson (3) or Terry Glenn (FA)
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:14 pm

League #1
Worst: Cedric Benson in the 4th round (this may change if he starts next week)
Best: Mike Anderson in the 12th. He, along with Favre landed me Edge in a trade. ;)

League #2
Worst: The whole damn team. Every single player is underperforming bigtime. Deuce, KJ, Plummer, Horn, Clayton...it's uncanny.
Best: Next year's first round pick.

League #3
Worst: Plummer in the 5th. :-o There was a huge run of QBs and it was my first draft of the year so I panicked.
Best: Steve Smith in the 6th round. He's carrying my team along with Torry Holt.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk