What's the MAX you would start from 1 NFL team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's the MAX you would start from 1 NFL team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:46 pm

I wouldn't try to draft a ton of players from the same team unless I got insane value for all of them. But hey, you've got to start your best players and ones with good matchups. If you pick up another guy from a same team from waivers that is doing very well, you have to use them if their matchup is good.

Starting the QB, RB, and WR, and PK is very possible...I've done it on salary cap leagues before.

It is pretty tough to use more than one WR from the same team though unless they are from STL or IND (although that's slowly going away). Heck, why wouldn't you start Boldin/Fitz together these days?

Imagine what would have happened to your team if you used all the Packers last week (including the defense - I think they scored 33 points!) 8-o.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:05 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
foulballstrike3 wrote:I started Hasselbeck, Jurevicius and Stevens this week, were they any good?

What if you started McNabb, Westbrook, TO, and LJ Smith?

They are all considered studs, but got SHUT DOWN hard.

You beat me to it BH.

As I said earlier. I played the top scorer in our league this week and he had McNabb, Westbrook, Owens, LJ Smith, and Philly def and I crushed him.

With a bye week and 1 or 2 down weeks for good teams like Philly and Indy you will have 3 losses.

Just too risky imo. 1 week not to bad an idea. All year is risky.

Sorry but I have to come in on this. Since the start of the year I have started Hass/DJax (JoeJ now)/Stevens and only have one loss where I was the second highest scoring team losing to the highest.

Sea has nice schedule and plays in the NFC West, both of which help me on them. We also start 2 QB's hence my need for Hass.

I agree that if the team implodes, ala Philly, then you have problems but remember its only that week. Over the course of the season is what matters more IMO.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby spodog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 pm

no limit.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ironhorse75 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:20 pm

I went with 3 last year.

Brees, Gates, LT. Did me well.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ngub12 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:59 pm

obviously a qb/wr combo is awesome. but i really dont mind a qb/rb combo. the only combo i stay away from is wr/rb.

anyway. i would say it depends on the offense. the colts last year you could start 8 for gods sake. this year you can start 4 maybe 5 from the chargers. as i said before, its not my fav. but so far i havent minded holt/jackson/curtis/wilkins.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: What's the MAX you would start from 1 NFL team?

Postby Popcynical » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:28 am

Always a winner wrote:On a related note, there is a team in one of my leagues who is starting DALLAS COWBOYS at EVERY position. He's been winning. Has a 3-2 record and 6th out of 12th in points scored.

Who gets to play him at the Dallas bye? :D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: What's the MAX you would start from 1 NFL team?

Postby Always a winner » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:22 am

Popcynical wrote:
Always a winner wrote:On a related note, there is a team in one of my leagues who is starting DALLAS COWBOYS at EVERY position. He's been winning. Has a 3-2 record and 6th out of 12th in points scored.

Who gets to play him at the Dallas bye? :D

Not me unfortunately.
Always a winner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby foulballstrike3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:43 am

smackthefirst wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
foulballstrike3 wrote:I started Hasselbeck, Jurevicius and Stevens this week, were they any good?

What if you started McNabb, Westbrook, TO, and LJ Smith?

They are all considered studs, but got SHUT DOWN hard.

You beat me to it BH.

As I said earlier. I played the top scorer in our league this week and he had McNabb, Westbrook, Owens, LJ Smith, and Philly def and I crushed him.

With a bye week and 1 or 2 down weeks for good teams like Philly and Indy you will have 3 losses.

Just too risky imo. 1 week not to bad an idea. All year is risky.

Sorry but I have to come in on this. Since the start of the year I have started Hass/DJax (JoeJ now)/Stevens and only have one loss where I was the second highest scoring team losing to the highest.

Sea has nice schedule and plays in the NFC West, both of which help me on them. We also start 2 QB's hence my need for Hass.

I agree that if the team implodes, ala Philly, then you have problems but remember its only that week. Over the course of the season is what matters more IMO.

Well, I started those three this week, and would likely do the same if I didn't have so much depth. I have Palmer at QB as well, I used to start DJax, and I have C. Anderson at TE so you can see why I went with those three from last week.

This week they play Houston, so you could go w/ them again (I will be starting Palmer against Tenn). I will be starting Jurevicius until DJax comes back however. I dunno if any of you watched the game, he was picking balls of his shoe tops while turning up the field. The guy has hands, and Djax wasn't all that fast even though he has the ability to get downfield. The one thing is that Engram will be back before DJax and Hasselbeck has been going to him all year.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:58 am

K - don't care
Def - try not to
QB/WR - Fine if studs
QB/RB - Try to avoid, trade if necessary
WR/RB - Trade. Not acceptable in my book
TE - don't care

It's just like diversifying your portfolio. It keeps any one bad performance by a team from killing your score. Putting all your eggs in one basket is usually a very bad idea, but it can payoff. I still try to avoid it.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Always a winner » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:01 pm

Paladyr wrote:K - don't care
Def - try not to
QB/WR - Fine if studs
QB/RB - Try to avoid, trade if necessary
WR/RB - Trade. Not acceptable in my book
TE - don't care

It's just like diversifying your portfolio. It keeps any one bad performance by a team from killing your score. Putting all your eggs in one basket is usually a very bad idea, but it can payoff. I still try to avoid it.

I generally agree with you Paladyr, but can you explain the difference between QB/RB and WR/RB? I see them as about the same situation. Why is WR/RB worse?
Always a winner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk