Leave Schaub In and Bench Vick? This guy says so! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Leave Schaub In and Bench Vick? This guy says so!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby biju » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:27 pm

cordscords wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
cordscords wrote:Win a couple of games?

Hasn't Vick led the Falcons to the playoffs twice in his career? Dummy.


If taking snaps from the center means "led," then Vick "led" the Falcons to the playoffs.

Others would argue that a great running game and a great defense allowed them to get to the playoffs despite Vick's fumbling and unbelievably bad accuracy.


Where was that great running game when Doug Johnson was behind center in 2003?


Actually, the O-line coordinator for the Broncos came in 2004 and that's why the Falcons are getting great running stats. Dunn would be close to a top 5 RB if it weren't for TJ Duckett. If they ever get rid of either back make sure to target them in upcoming years. Mark my words... ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Postby tpetty6320 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:51 pm

wow, it is always the same argument. i am of course an atlanta fan and i am very glad we have schaub for a BACKUP. you never know what would have happened if vick had played so it is stupid to guess, but the fact is we lost. vick might not be a great QB, a great RB, but he is a winner and that is what counts. of course i would love to see his passing game improve and schaub made it evident we have a system in place when he matures enough to become a complete QB. to start schaub in his place means you must bench one of the most successful (measured in wins) QBs in the league and that is stupid
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 299
Joined: 25 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: altanta

Postby Jonny Moxon » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:55 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:wow, it is always the same argument. i am of course an atlanta fan and i am very glad we have schaub for a BACKUP. you never know what would have happened if vick had played so it is stupid to guess, but the fact is we lost. vick might not be a great QB, a great RB, but he is a winner and that is what counts. of course i would love to see his passing game improve and schaub made it evident we have a system in place when he matures enough to become a complete QB. to start schaub in his place means you must bench one of the most successful (measured in wins) QBs in the league and that is stupid


Why would you measure a QB's value with a team stat?
Jonny Moxon Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA

Postby tpetty6320 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:59 pm

because when vick plays we win. when vick doesnt play we lose. i am not a genious but i draw the corelation after watching the falcons play over the last 5 years. any more questions
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 299
Joined: 25 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: altanta

Postby Jonny Moxon » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:01 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:because when vick plays we win. when vick doesnt play we lose. i am not a genious but i draw the corelation after watching the falcons play over the last 5 years. any more questions


So you should have been 16-0 last year.
Jonny Moxon Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA

Postby tpetty6320 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:47 pm

i refuse to argue on the internet but i will log off saying you arent too far off....

vick starts last year 11-3
vick doesnt 0-2


and before you say it i know a couple other starters didnt play in those last 2 games but unfortunately Mora refuses to insert players at will to help people argue against vicks value
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 299
Joined: 25 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: altanta

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:51 pm

There's no way Vick gets replaced. Looks like everyone knows Vick is the lesser passer, but the problems he creates for the other team because of his legs is more important than having a pure passer back there. It just stinks for fantasy people because a passer is very startable whereas Vick is only startable in certain situations.

It's too bad for the Falcons that they can't use some sort of mutating machine and give Schaub's accuracy and Vick's legs to the same person. They might be unstoppable then.

The biggest question would be what the mutated person's name would be: Vaub, or Schick? :-?

I think Schick has a nice ring to it since it'd be just like the razor...cutting through the defense. :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:55 pm

cordscords wrote:Win a couple of games?

Hasn't Vick led the Falcons to the playoffs twice in his career? Dummy.


no. the falcons defense have led the falcons to the playoffs.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2398
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jonny Moxon » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:57 pm

I just feel like vick would be more valuable as a RB/WR than as a QB. He's one of the best athletes I've ever seen, but his passing skills aren't there. I would let him do what he does best, run downfield. Of course, Vick is still young, so he might emerge as a good passer in the future.
Jonny Moxon Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:34 am

Mercer Boy wrote:There's no way Vick gets replaced. Looks like everyone knows Vick is the lesser passer, but the problems he creates for the other team because of his legs is more important than having a pure passer back there. It just stinks for fantasy people because a passer is very startable whereas Vick is only startable in certain situations.

It's too bad for the Falcons that they can't use some sort of mutating machine and give Schaub's accuracy and Vick's legs to the same person. They might be unstoppable then.

The biggest question would be what the mutated person's name would be: Vaub, or Schick? :-?

I think Schick has a nice ring to it since it'd be just like the razor...cutting through the defense. :-D


Imagine the Marketing Possibilities...Gilette would be P****D. :-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:32 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact