Balt Def sucks! Well the whole team sucks! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Balt Def sucks! Well the whole team sucks!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Balt Def sucks! Well the whole team sucks!

Postby Ditka's Bears » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:26 am

I had a choice between Baltimore defense and Chicago defense. I went with Baltimore due to the matchups. Boy, do I look like a sh*thead! Baltimore sucks! They couldn't stop a pee-wee football team. And they are supposed to be one of the league's best? Anybody else get screwed by playing them? Any idea when they will turn it around? If at all?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Ditka's Bears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:27 am

I took them really high in my draft like round 7 or 8 I think and I took the Colts in like 14 and I'm starting the Colts from here on out. I may try to trade the Ravens if they have a good game but I really do not like them until they starting moving the ball on offense I think the defense will hurt.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:29 am

It looks like their season is in shambles. I know that Baltimore, New England, and Buffalo were usually the first few defenses picked this year and really, they havent shown much. I'm glad I was able to drop Houston for Inianapolis' D after week 1.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:36 am

I wouldnt write BALs D off too quickly. Yesterday's boxscore really doesnt tell the story. BAL set records for the most penalties yesterday, and as a Lions fan who watched the game, I can't say they were all correct calls. BAL did shut down DET after the 1st qtr, but they got a ton of bad calls against them.

Its hard enough to stop any team from finding the endzone when they have 1st and goal from the 1, but when a ref gives the other team a BS penalty and 4 more chances, its impossible. DET put the ball into the EZ on a really questionable call after 6 attempts from the 1.

Point is, BAL isnt as bad as the boxscore indicated in week 5. They got some bad breaks. The root of this teams problems however have everything to do with their offense.
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 am

What he said, I could not have said better. CBM you da man.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:17 am

How would you rank Balt's D going forward?

One guy in my league has Tampa and Balt D and wants to trade one of them.

Carolina has been rather sucky for me.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:35 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:How would you rank Balt's D going forward?

One guy in my league has Tampa and Balt D and wants to trade one of them.

Carolina has been rather sucky for me.

Id actually rank BAL's D pretty high still. This team has talent obviously, they just have had a difficult beginning to their season. This past week is the type of week that could be used as a catalyst to push them into playing better. The players in BAL all feel as though they got the shaft this week and combined with a sense of pride they could turn this weeks result into a positive. You dont want to be the guy who has to wrestle the animal thats been backed into a corner - and thats how BAL sees itself right now.

I certainly dont want to be either CLE or CHI in the next 2 weeks.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:55 am

Baltimore was the highest rated fantasy defense coming into the season, but like kickers, defenses fluctuate wildly from year to year. I feel sorry for all the people who used a 7th round or higher pick on Baltimore. The three best defenses so far this year (Indy, Cinci, Tampa Bay) weren't even ranked in most people's top ten prior to the start of the season.

Balt really does blow. I mean, c'mon, when you let a guy named "Artrose" score a touchdown on you!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby BigDballer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:40 pm

J. Lewis is doing pretty good. Everyone else on the team is worthless.
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Ditka's Bears » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:50 pm

Remember when Lewis was one of the top 3 backs in the league? He sucks now. He hasn't had a 100 rushing yard game this season. Out of the 4 teams he has gone against, only has a good defense(Indy). Everyone else seems to run all over the Jets, Ten and Det. Why couldn't Lewis? As for the defense, I agree, I think the loss this week will fire them up next week. As much as I hate to admit it being a Bears fan, it's going to be an ugly offensive game when they play each other. I would keep Balt. defense for a few more weeks to see if they improve.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Ditka's Bears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting