Award for Most Annoying Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Award for Most Annoying Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:50 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Steve Mariucci - His coachspeak is perfect - meaning he says little and nothing can be interpreted - as a fan its maddening. He never seems to lose his temper - and when he does, it just seems to be internalized, like instead of spouting off he just looks red and flustered. He cannot/refuses to fire up his players. His offensive scheme is terrible and his playcalling is worse. He refuses to adjust his scheme to the players he has (drafts 3 bigtime WRs then sticks with a dink and dunk offensive strategy). As a Lions fan, Steve Mariucci is my vote for most annoying coach.

Second.

Mariucci is frustrating in his ability to kill fantasy careers. Roy, Rogers, BMW, Pollard, KJ. They all are mis-used to the point of being impossible to get a fantasy draft read on them. KJ is a prime example. A top RB the second half of last season and can't get the ball consistantly to start this year. How many are happy with where they took KJ?

And his pressers: put you to sleep with an injury list, then tell you how hard they played and talk circles the rest of the way. If the Lions could play half as well as he dances....

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:10 pm

There have been several worthy nominations here: Tice, Belichik, Mariucci, et al. But for sheer fantasy buggery, they are all merely disciples at the knee of the master ...

All hail Shanahan — the original and a first-ballot, hall-of-fame, fantasy-crushing head coach. Dude's a marvel to behold.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby nerdd » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:56 pm

I agree it has to be Shanahan for fantasy impact. That guy bites the big one.
nerdd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Teh Jury » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:27 pm

EatMyShorts092 wrote:Martz because he is the most annoying coach...not necesarily fantasy wise but the rams shud be winning games and as a rams fan u have to hate the guy

I don't think a team with that defense deserves to be winning games, but the offense does carry the team through some weeks.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk