Martz to resign??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Martz to resign???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:43 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:Hmm...without Mike Martz, doesn't the value of Marc Bulger go down since he won't throw the ball as much?

Duh. Yes.

I disagree. Maybe Bulger throws less interceptions and gets sacked less if Martz isn't coach and St. Louis isn't throwing a ridiculous number of times per game. Some leagues penalize a quarterback for interceptions and sacks.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:45 pm

The Lung wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:Hmm...without Mike Martz, doesn't the value of Marc Bulger go down since he won't throw the ball as much?

Duh. Yes.

I disagree. Maybe Bulger throws less interceptions and gets sacked less if Martz isn't coach and St. Louis isn't throwing a ridiculous number of times per game. Some leagues penalize a quarterback for interceptions and sacks.

Alright. He'll throw less interceptions and gets sacked less, but throws the same amount of yards and TDs.

Sure, buddy.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:51 pm

The Lung wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

Duh. Yes.

Eagles throw 71% of the time #1 in the NFL...#2 is the Rams 68% of the time...so yes they are throwing a ridculous amount of time...anyone wondering the Cards are #3 at 66%

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dimethod » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:56 pm

I don't think it will have that much of a impact but, i do see them throwing less, and running more.
QB: Cutler
WR: Marshall, Edwards, Royal, Galloway, Morgan
RB: Gore, Bush, Grant, Benson
TE: Owen, Shockey
K: Kris Brown
DEF: Packers, Jets
Dimethod
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:59 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
The Lung wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

Duh. Yes.

Eagles throw 71% of the time #1 in the NFL...#2 is the Rams 68% of the time...so yes they are throwing a ridculous amount of time...anyone wondering the Cards are #3 at 66%

Maybe because of Boldin and Fitzgerald, and they are the only players worth a cent when Warner isn't playing.

In all honesty I have never like Martz's style. It frustrates me to see a coach settle to go into overtime. I don't care about the Rams but still, that embodies the definition of "playing not to lose intead of the of win." You can not bank on a kicker making a FG. I dont care how good he is, this is the NFL. Things happen. I kinda like it when he loses, making wimp desisions like that.

But condolences to Mark and his family, hope he gets better soon. It's be a shame for him to leave the league like this.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:59 pm

"Alright. He'll throw less interceptions and gets sacked less, but throws the same amount of yards and TDs.

Sure, buddy." Huge

Free advice because you're nice remember?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:01 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:"Alright. He'll throw less interceptions and gets sacked less, but throws the same amount of yards and TDs.

Sure, buddy." Huge

The guy was actually saying that Bulger's numbers would be better! That he'll throw the same TDs and Yards and magically throw less INTs and get sacked less!

That defies logic.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:02 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:"Alright. He'll throw less interceptions and gets sacked less, but throws the same amount of yards and TDs.

Sure, buddy." Huge

The guy was actually saying that Bulger's numbers would be better! That he'll throw the same TDs and Yards and magically throw less INTs and get sacked less!

That defies logic.

Yeah that really sounds like an idea the dude pulled out of his butt. Why would Bulger randomly decide to throw less INTs. I'm with ya there Huge.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:05 pm

Mike Martz will take a leave of absence of at least six weeks from the Rams while he is treated for endocarditis, a bacterial infection of the heart.

Depending on the report, Martz will either leave for exactly six weeks or indefinitely. Assistant head coach Joe Vitt will take over the team in the meantime. With the same system and quality players in place, we don't see a major change in the fantasy value of Rams players for 2005. Oct. 10 - 5:00 pm et

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:06 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Mike Martz will take a leave of absence of at least six weeks from the Rams while he is treated for endocarditis, a bacterial infection of the heart.

Depending on the report, Martz will either leave for exactly six weeks or indefinitely. Assistant head coach Joe Vitt will take over the team in the meantime. With the same system and quality players in place, we don't see a major change in the fantasy value of Rams players for 2005. Oct. 10 - 5:00 pm et

What's the source Dazed? But, pretty much what old duder said... I think they're stealing my material.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk