DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:37 pm

Link: STLtoday.com

Clipped from the STLtoday.com article:

Rams coach Mike Martz will take at least a six-week leave of absence while he is treated for a bacterial infection of a heart valve, according to Post-Dispatch football writer Jim Thomas.

In an e-mail to local media at 3:45 p.m., the Rams confirmed with a statement by team president John Shaw that Martz "will be unable to perform his head coaching responsibilities for an indefinite period of time."

Assistant head coach Joe Vitt will be the interim head coach of the Rams during Martz's absence.

"Head Coach Mike Martz advised us today that after he met with his consulting physician, his physical condition has worsened and he will be readmitted to the hospital later this afternoon. As a result of his condition, he will be unable to perform his head coaching responsibilities for an indefinite period of time.

"After consulting with Mike, we have all agreed that Assistant Head Coach Joe Vitt will be the Interim Head Coach of the Rams during Mike's absence."

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:44 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:I don't think it goes down all that much.

I think he will have less attempts but the quality of those attempts should go up with an improved running game.

His INT's may go down since everyone won't be dropped back in coverage all the time.

I still think he is top 5 fantasy QB.

Thanks. This was the sentiment I was trying to express earlier, but you worded it much more eloquently.

Let's see what BH and all the other chuckleheads have to say now.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:48 pm

The Lung wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:I don't think it goes down all that much.

I think he will have less attempts but the quality of those attempts should go up with an improved running game.

His INT's may go down since everyone won't be dropped back in coverage all the time.

I still think he is top 5 fantasy QB.

Thanks. This was the sentiment I was trying to express earlier, but you worded it much more eloquently.

Let's see what BH and all the other chuckleheads have to say now.

The guy is clearly backtracking from what he said.

"Maybe Bulger throws less interceptions and gets sacked less if Martz isn't coach and St. Louis isn't throwing a ridiculous number of times per game. Some leagues penalize a quarterback for interceptions and sacks."

Answer this: How can a guy put up the same amount of yards and TDs by throwing less?

I can't believe you are even debating this point.

The guy also said that leagues penalize the QB for getting sacked. What leagues? Geez. The guy's on a different planet!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gorillaz2 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Less broken up plays due to double coverage = more yards and TDs.

This comes from a balanced offense which includes a running game.

His point is correct. I don't know how you find it so hard to believe that you can throw less and get more out of it.

And one of my Yahoo league counts the yards lost from a sack against the QB.

Honestly you need to take a step back and reassess your reading and comprehension skills Brut.
Gorillaz2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk