Are they teaming up?

yes
7%
no
93%

Total votes : 28

Postby spodog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:10 pm

Another conspiracy theorist. :-?

If the guy has a history of cheating, why invite him back?

the trade is fine.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nmarq8 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:32 pm

spodog wrote:Another conspiracy theorist. :-?

If the guy has a history of cheating, why invite him back?

the trade is fine.

Exactly what I was thinking... :-?
nmarq8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:40 pm

The trade looks OK to me this time, regardless of their motives. What worries me is that your brother screwed you over in the same league and no one else backed you up. I personally wouldn't put a cent in a league like that the next year.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vixtor » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:53 am

This is a really well balanced trade. I don't know why you would even remotely suspect collusion.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:10 am

Bowie wrote:The trade looks OK to me this time, regardless of their motives. What worries me is that your brother screwed you over in the same league and no one else backed you up. I personally wouldn't put a cent in a league like that the next year.

This is the real issue here. Is it made up of all his friends? What kind of league would allow cheating to go on just so "someone else can win"? This whole thing sounds off to me, with the exception of the actual trade at hand. That's the only thing that sounds legit about this.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby josebach » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:23 am

My wife and I are in a league together and she's the one person I will not trade with... no matter how fair it is. I don't want to hear any bitching from the other league members if she or I win the league. Besides that, considering I'm paying for both teams, it just feels wrong.

Not collusion, IMO.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Ek » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:22 am

I can see why you're suspicious, but that's an even trade as far as I can tell. When people aren't worried about the appearance of collusion they're actually more likely to make trades with other owners that they have a close (girlfriend/spouse/family/roommate) relationship with, since they see each other a lot and have more opportunities to kick ideas around.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:21 pm

Just for cheating the first time kick him out of the league next year and keep the chick, that will pi$$ him off. If its your league then take control of it. Simply make it a rule stating no significant others will be allowed in the same league. The trade seems fine for now. Wait and see if they try to trade back later. If so HAMMER them both.
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ISLAS3000 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:04 pm

Yea, this league is composed of all friends...After that first year when he cheated I made a huge rule book where he could not cheat. He hasn't cheated since but I still keep my eye out on him just in case because he and I are in a keeper league online (I am not the commish) and last year I was going to make it to the playoffs and he wasn't. He offered to give me his studs for some alright players. I declined because I remembered what he had done before in my league and I didn't want to win the snake way. Plus since this is a trade with his gf I thought I should post it on here for sencond opinions. Which it looks like everyone agrees for the most part that it is a clean trade.
ISLAS3000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ISLAS3000 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:08 pm

But yea, when he does try something fishy you can bet the cold fist will come down on him and his team.
ISLAS3000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk