Thomas Jones is the man in Chicago - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones is the man in Chicago

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:20 am

footballchick23 wrote:
benm3218 wrote:NO!!! Benson is a TURD.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha eat the turd cake, free bagel.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Benson = TURD!!!!

When a player is "injured", gets the starting nod anyway and scores 2 TD's is about the farthest thing from a turd as possible!

Eat it TJ skeptics!

Benson may or may not be a turd, you can't judge the guy based on the small number of carries he's had. What I'm tired of is all this "Jones is terrible" vs "Benson is terrible" talk. Jones is a good back although as anyone who's read my posts knows I think he's a better fantasy back than he is a guy who helps your team win.

To judge Benson you can't give him 2 or 3 plays, then say he sucks, you have to give him 10-15 carries and see what happens. The 4th quarter yesterday would have been the ideal time to do that.

Which leads to the next question, which is what's up with Lovie not playing Benson? Is Benson dumb as a rock, does he have emotional problems, is he in the doghouse for holding out? There is part of this story we're not getting. If he's really that bad, the Bears have made another tremendous drafting mistake.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:30 am

Goatwhacker wrote:Benson may or may not be a turd, you can't judge the guy based on the small number of carries he's had. What I'm tired of is all this "Jones is terrible" vs "Benson is terrible" talk. Jones is a good back although as anyone who's read my posts knows I think he's a better fantasy back than he is a guy who helps your team win.

To judge Benson you can't give him 2 or 3 plays, then say he sucks, you have to give him 10-15 carries and see what happens. The 4th quarter yesterday would have been the ideal time to do that.

Which leads to the next question, which is what's up with Lovie not playing Benson? Is Benson dumb as a rock, does he have emotional problems, is he in the doghouse for holding out? There is part of this story we're not getting. If he's really that bad, the Bears have made another tremendous drafting mistake.

I agree with the whole "turd" calling and I know I stooped, but I'm just sick of people hating on T. Jones as a decent fantasy back. Given the right opportunities, Benson will probably perform well. You're definitely right about Lovie...something is going on with Benson/Lovie that we don't know! Maybe the kid just can't get the blocking down, who knows. I was definitely surprised that T. Jones started yesterday and was able to perform as well as he did. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.....
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:32 am

I heard something about Benson having a tough time getting a grasp on the Chicago O. And he is not a great pass blocker so not many people like him. I drafted him this season but when Jones started putting up huge numbers early I dropped him for Pittman who has been fine as long as Caddy stays hurt.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:45 am

Well, I definitely thought TJ was going to be showing signs of his injury in the game. I'm glad, as a Bears fan, that he didn't. The only shock, with that in mind, is that they didn't put Benson in for the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. I'm not sure how they expect him to improve without playing time. IF they need him this year, they need him to be READY this year.

Maybe "this year" is out of the question, now. Maybe they prefer Peterson. He's been decent when they've needed him, and as an aside, he had the single best "little guy" tackle I've ever seen on special teams this weekend. Picked a dude up and placed him on the ground, in that graceful football manner.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:41 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:

I think this is just it. This guy came in cocky, held out, and expected to win the respect of his teammates and coaches, without going through the bonding experience of sweating and hurting through training camp? I wouldn't be surprised if the team completely ignores him off the field, and disrupts any kind of chemistry they might build together. Sounds like another high draft pick the Bears wasted....Cade McNown. TJ is well-liked and more importantly well respected among both his teammates and his coaches, and admired for his work ethic. Anytime that happens, it's clear who will be the better performer, and who will get the most out of their teammates as well.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:06 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I think this is just it. This guy came in cocky, held out, and expected to win the respect of his teammates and coaches, without going through the bonding experience of sweating and hurting through training camp? I wouldn't be surprised if the team completely ignores him off the field, and disrupts any kind of chemistry they might build together. Sounds like another high draft pick the Bears wasted....Cade McNown. TJ is well-liked and more importantly well respected among both his teammates and his coaches, and admired for his work ethic. Anytime that happens, it's clear who will be the better performer, and who will get the most out of their teammates as well.

I think you are right on.

I said it at the beginning and will say it again. TJones has waited a long time for the starting spot on a team. I don't think he is ready to give up the throne after 1 year. I love it that Benson is not playing and hope others in the future see what happens when you are not prepared to play.

But I love the game not the money. Yeah right Cedric.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby marksy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:11 pm

Well I' m gonna come on here and eat some crow. I am a Benson owner and quite surprised that he saw only 2-3 carries yesterday. After seeing T Jones carry the ball with 5-6 minutes left, up 21-3 I (through cursing at my tv) was questioning why Benson was not given a chance at all.

Then it hit me.......he must be the mouthiest most arrogant little spoiled prick in the league! He thinks he will walk into the job and just take over.

Well, you know what? I hate TJ too, but it is because he is good, and plays through pain, shuts his mouth and does the job. Wow, that is respectable. Cedric, take note.....

As much as I wanted to see TJ go out yesterday, I've changed my mind. I hope he rips it up and that spoiled little ba$tard stays on the bench all year.

There I've ranted.......thanks for listening!

QB - Plummer, Delhomme, Rothlisberger
RB - K Jones, J Jones, Benson, Gore
WR - Burress, D Jackson, Housh, Bruce, Bryant
TE - McMichael, Watson
D - Pitt
K - Wilkins, Edinger
marksy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benm3218 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:22 pm

Free Bagel?? Where are you at?

T. Jones = STUD
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:02 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:So Atrain put up statistically comparable numbers to TJ once TJ went down with an injury. More support to the argument that situation determines production. Dont forget - if situation determines production, then we can make the "excuse" that TJ sucked in ARI because, well, ARI sucked as a team.

Comparable?? Who said comparable?? A-train was BETTER when put in the same situation. Everyone likes to go on about how after Grossman went down no one could've done any better in Chicago. So after Grossman went down, here are what the Chicago RBs did in games they started:

Thomas Jones:
10 starts, 619 rush yards, 3 TDs
61.9/0.3 per game averages

Anthony Thomas:
3 starts, 280 rush yards, 2 TDs
93.3/0.66 per game averages

Now if you REALLY want to get down and dirty, and compare their numbers when they had the same exact QB, when TJ played his 3 games with Krenzel (A-train played all 3 of his with Krenzel at the helm), he never broke 60 yards rushing. Krenzel played 6 games, they had their 3 best rushing performances in the games A-train started, and their 3 worst in the games TJ started.

Im still wondering where those 6 years of sucking come from?

Career finishes:
2000: Not in the top 30
2001: Not in the top 30
2002: Not in the top 30
2003: Not in the top 30
2004: RB18

Anyway, to get away from nitpicking at individual points. Thomas Jones has looked great so far this year, which is great for me because I have him on my team in a money redraft league. That being said. TJ has put up 4-5 game impressive streaks before, but like I said, something always seems to come up. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong and TJ will perform all year long, I've certainly been wrong before. But I'm not counting on it. Sure people love calling TJ a stud after 5 weeks, but people were also doing it when he was a top 10 draft pick, when he shined for a few games in Tampa, and when he started '04 hot, and every time hundreds of people flaunting the TJ man-love have come out of the trees only to slide back in after he dissappeared a few weeks later.

If he keeps it up all year, great for him, but I'm still not counting on it. This ones going to have to ride out a lot longer than a few weeks before I'm convinced of anything.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby benm3218 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:31 am

Let's revive this thread.....

Once again, allow me to say:

TJ = Beast
TJ = Stud
TJ = Mule
TJ = Stallion