a league question. looking for opinions. this is messed up. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

a league question. looking for opinions. this is messed up.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:36 pm

I didn't read all the posts, but really the only thing that's messed up is that you left Smith on the WW until you could figure out who to drop. So that's what's messed nothing anyone else did is messed up.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:00 pm

Like some others have said, Yahoo does this so people can not pick up and drop 20 players the same day and have them all on the WW. I think at the root of all this is another issue though. Why do we live in a world where we blame other people for our ignorance. You 1) didn't read the rules thoroughly, and 2) didn't act in a timely manner to protect your assets. Don't blame everyone else for your stupidity. Take your lumps like a man and learn from them.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ngub12 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:41 pm

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:Like some others have said, Yahoo does this so people can not pick up and drop 20 players the same day and have them all on the WW. I think at the root of all this is another issue though. Why do we live in a world where we blame other people for our ignorance. You 1) didn't read the rules thoroughly, and 2) didn't act in a timely manner to protect your assets. Don't blame everyone else for your stupidity. Take your lumps like a man and learn from them.

are you kidding me? this is clearly a new rule and outside of the cafe i have heard of nobody that has heard of this rule. but that is beside the point. i dont even care about the churning rule. im mad because the recent transaction screen being totally wrong. im not a ff newbie, and i certainly wasnt aware of this glitch in yahoo. it certainly doesnt make me stupid for thinking a player was on waivers for the 2 day period just like the recent transaction screen said.

anyway, im done with this post. thanks for your input all of you who responded. i just felt i needed to respond to that post because it was rediculous.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby josebach » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:14 pm

ngub12 wrote:
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:Like some others have said, Yahoo does this so people can not pick up and drop 20 players the same day and have them all on the WW. I think at the root of all this is another issue though. Why do we live in a world where we blame other people for our ignorance. You 1) didn't read the rules thoroughly, and 2) didn't act in a timely manner to protect your assets. Don't blame everyone else for your stupidity. Take your lumps like a man and learn from them.

are you kidding me? this is clearly a new rule and outside of the cafe i have heard of nobody that has heard of this rule. but that is beside the point. i dont even care about the churning rule. im mad because the recent transaction screen being totally wrong. im not a ff newbie, and i certainly wasnt aware of this glitch in yahoo. it certainly doesnt make me stupid for thinking a player was on waivers for the 2 day period just like the recent transaction screen said.

anyway, im done with this post. thanks for your input all of you who responded. i just felt i needed to respond to that post because it was rediculous.

It's clear from these last few posts that some people still don't understand your complaint. I just checked the rules and nowhere does it say that a dropped player will instantly be a free agent if they were dropped the same day ther were picked up.

It's a good rule, but it needs to be documented. It also should not give you a misleading message. Oh, well. Live and learn. I still think you're better off. Guarantee you'll get somebody better than Smith with your #1 waiver priority.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:34 pm

Actually, the rules detail almost exactly what the other player did (unfortunately in an example rather than spelling out the process):

3. If you pick up a player, but later realize you did not want him on your team, you may immediately waive him. However, you can only claim and waive the same player two times every 24 hours

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/ ... es-14.html

This could have been written more clearly, but it is right there. Again I will ask: What did the other owner do to deserve losing the player? He picked him up legally. You missed the boat. Too bad.

If you want to bring it to Yahoo's attention that the recent activity page should reflect this activity correctly, fine, but there is nothing you can do in this particular case except to accept it and move on.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk