FJB another acronym star is born... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FJB another acronym star is born...

Moderator: Football Moderators

FJB another acronym star is born...

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:30 am

Fat Jerome Bettis ;-D (ty portisfan24)

For a 33 year old 260 pounder the guy still has some moves. He will run out of gas if he continues to stay this involved but I think we all know how much value FWP has with the bus back behind the wheel. It's not like Parker looked bad, Cowher just loves the bus and trusts him in big situations. Think i'll keep Parker stashed for a few weeks but in all honesty he is no better then an average/low #3 or decent #4 at this point.
Last edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:32 am

I agree with everything you have said, except his name is Jerome. ;-D Also, he was hardly "born" tonight, he is like 6th all time in rushing. :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:34 am

I can imagine "Fat Jerome Bettis," but not "Fat Jamal Bettis." :-?

I don't see why people think Bettis will wear down...last year started like 8 games and was fine! One more year at this stage probably won't bother him...especially if he only comes in to do short yardage/goaline carries.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:35 am

Coronary waiting to happen...I said it in the PBC...shocked that he made it through more than one quarter...he got stuffed a lot, but gained at least 1 yard when he fell because no way any defender could push that tub back. I hadn't seem him for a while..didn't know he had packed on a few! Yikes!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:36 am

ehh ..try again

I'am ok with calling him the bus
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:44 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:ehh ..try again

Agreed. The bus is one of the best nicknames in the NFL. Besides, it already implies how big he is. There is no reason to replace the bus with another acronym.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:46 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I can imagine "Fat Jerome Bettis," but not "Fat Jamal Bettis." :-?

I don't see why people think Bettis will wear down...last year started like 8 games and was fine! One more year at this stage probably won't bother him...especially if he only comes in to do short yardage/goaline carries.

You're somewhat right. In the 8 games he started last year he ran for over 100 in all but 2 games. The only two games he didn't run for over 100 were the 2 he was dinged up in. He wasalso about 20 pounds lighter and much better conditioned last season. You had to of noticed how completely out of shape he was. I just can't see a guy of his size and age rushing for 15-20 a night. I love the FJBus and would love for him to get a ring but I think smaller doses of Bus will = more success for Pitt come crunch time.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:48 am

Bowie wrote:

Agreed. The bus is one of the best nicknames in the NFL. Besides, it already implies how big he is. There is no reason to replace the bus with another acronym.

er. I never implied to really change his nickname sharpies. I'm just another semi drunk guy on a monday night poking fun at all the "FWP" owners in fantasyland.

THE BUS is THE BUS. we all know that...
Last edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot on Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:51 am

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:
Bowie wrote:

er. I never implied to realy change his nickname sharpies. I'm just another semi drunk guy on a monday poking fun at all the "FWP" owners in fantasyland.

THE BUS is THE BUS. we all know that...

Agreed again. I realized after I posted that I totally mis-understood the point of the thread. I do like FJBus, though.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deadlyshaolin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:38 am

He looked A LOT heavier than 260...

I'd guess he looked closer to 275, at least.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
deadlyshaolin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk