FJB another acronym star is born... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FJB another acronym star is born...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:56 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I can imagine "Fat Jerome Bettis," but not "Fat Jamal Bettis." :-?

I don't see why people think Bettis will wear down...last year started like 8 games and was fine! One more year at this stage probably won't bother him...especially if he only comes in to do short yardage/goaline carries.

Actually even he has admitted he can't do what he has done in the past and that he gets tired fairly quickly. That is probably one of the reasons he had contemplated retirement over the offseason. In all fairness to FWP though, his stats wouldn't be all that great if FWP has kept his balance enough to get into the endzone. Like was mentioned before, Jerome won't get many carries because FWP usually gets it done himself before they get inside the 10.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:34 am

What about "FDP"?

For "Freaking Dumb Post"?

Seriously, Bettis didn't do anything out of the ordinary. He was a goalline vulture in the past, he was a goalline vulture last night. We all knew that Willie Parker would take a value nosedive, and the smart owners dealt him while he had some solid value. There's always a chance that Bettis-Staley get hurt again, but I don't like mortgaging the farm on a possible injury. Yes, he's fat. He's also someone who will continue to vulture TDs and overall points from whoever is the "starter" in Pittsburgh.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:02 am

Warpigs wrote:What about "FDP"?

Seriously, Bettis didn't do anything out of the ordinary. He was a goalline vulture in the past, he was a goalline vulture last night. We all knew that Willie Parker would take a value nosedive, and the smart owners dealt him while he had some solid value. There's always a chance that Bettis-Staley get hurt again, but I don't like mortgaging the farm on a possible injury. Yes, he's fat. He's also someone who will continue to vulture TDs and overall points from whoever is the "starter" in Pittsburgh.

So "Freaking Dumb" that you read the whole thing then bothered to reply with a whole paragraph. So either, a) you're a complete tool, or b) you have no life. I think i'll go with option B

You also must of paid no attention to the game last night because Bettis was getting touches all over the field on downs 1-3. His "oridnary" was coming in inside the 10 and stumbling into the end zone. He was in on pass plays, 1st and tens, 2 and 5 etc. You don't get 17 carries just coming in for a few carries at the GL. Please actually know wtf you're talking about before you post another idiotic post.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:09 am

The only acronym that needs to be used here is RBBC! And you can call the Bus fat all you want, he has never been a lean guy, but he gets the job done.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:10 am

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:
Warpigs wrote:What about "FDP"?

So "Freaking Dumb" that you read the whole thing then bothered to reply with a whole paragraph. So either, a) you're a complete tool, or b) you have no life. I think i'll go with option B

You also must of paid no attention to the game last night because Bettis was getting touches all over the field on downs 1-3. His "oridnary" was coming in inside the 10 and stumbling into the end zone. He was in on pass plays, 1st and tens, 2 and 5 etc. You don't get 17 carries just coming in for a few carries at the GL. Please actually know wtf you're talking about before you post another idiotic post.

Relax.

Both of you are on the same side of the argument. You are saying the same thing, but saying it differently.

The funny thing to me is that its clear to see who didnt trade HWP yet and are hoping beyond reason that he will return to hiw 2 week peak:

- Bettis and Staley will both get injured again!
- It doesnt matter anyway since FWP is going to bust off a bunch of 15 + yd TDs!!!
- and then there's my favorite: if he wasnt tackled, he would have had a TD.
;-7 ;-D :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:30 pm

I think it's more appropriate to call him PBJ, Phat Bettis, Jerome...plus he does look like a guy who eats alot of PBJ sammiches.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk