Question regarding next yrs draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Question regarding next yrs draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cards24 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:02 am

GB and San Fran drafted QBs last year, However, last years QB class was pretty weak. There was no one standup or someone to write mom about (Yes including Alex Smith). As far as Carr, It sounds like the fans in Houston are not really happy at the current time, and I am not sure how much time he has left in his curent contract.

As far as I am concearned all three teams are hurting in the QB position and they would draft Matt.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:19 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Plinds: I think that's about right although if Chicago got the 5th pick I doubt they would take a WR. There just aren't any WR worth taking that high, they'd likely look at taking one of the Tackles or maybe even Hawk/Greenway/Brooks. If not they'll trade down.

No love for Mike Hass?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:18 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:Plinds: I think that's about right although if Chicago got the 5th pick I doubt they would take a WR. There just aren't any WR worth taking that high, they'd likely look at taking one of the Tackles or maybe even Hawk/Greenway/Brooks. If not they'll trade down.

No love for Mike Hass?

I think Hass can be a solid #2 WR in the NFL but that's not good enough to get drafted top 5. He has decent size at 6'1 and runs great routes and has nice hands. However from what I've seen he doesn't have the speed that is needed to be drafted that high. Thinking back of WR taken in the top 5 recently they had all the tools. The better question for Hass is if he'll be drafted in the 1st round ahead of WR like Jackson, Nance, Holmes and Hagan.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:14 pm

14 picks are done, I'm hoping to knock out the next 18 in the next few days.

Oh, and regarding the Houston situation I read this.

Scott Wright, Draft Guru wrote:The Houston Texans are still winless and if the season ended today they would have the #1 pick in the NFL Draft. If that holds up what would Houston do? Most assume that they would pass on Matt Leinart since they used the #1 overall pick in 2002 on David Carr, but as Lee Corso would say: "Not so fast my friend". There are whispers that Houston could clean house this offseason and with Carr due an $8 million roster bonus don't think his head isn't on the chopping block as well. Of course they could decide to trade down for a huge package of picks and select the premier offensive lineman they have been looking for, but Leinart is not out of the question. Just a little food for thought.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:17 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

No love for Mike Hass?

I think Hass can be a solid #2 WR in the NFL but that's not good enough to get drafted top 5. He has decent size at 6'1 and runs great routes and has nice hands. However from what I've seen he doesn't have the speed that is needed to be drafted that high. Thinking back of WR taken in the top 5 recently they had all the tools. The better question for Hass is if he'll be drafted in the 1st round ahead of WR like Jackson, Nance, Holmes and Hagan.

OK, I know Mike Williams fell out of the top five, but he VERY easily could have been a top 5 pick, and was projected as such by many "experts." He's not even close to fast.... I'd bet Mike Hass is faster...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:26 pm

Mike Hass doesn't have anywhere near Mike Williams size though. To be honest, I am not a big fan of Mike Hass. He is alright but I wouldn't have him ranked above maybe 8 or 9 in this year's draft class. I have only seen him play twice, and he has been pretty good but I don't know if I see him being a better than average NFL WR.

Plus, he's white. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:30 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Plus, he's white. :-b

Which will cost him several draft places, I'm sure....

But you can't argue with the stats he's putting up... If he can run better than a 4.6 40, I see no reason why he won't be a top-10 draft pick....

And if he falls further than that, someone is getting a steal.... There are a lot of WR's in the NFL who have been knocked for not having blazing speed who have more than made up for it with crisp, clean routes and great hands.... Chris Carter is the first that comes to mind.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:31 pm

Oh, and I really dig that sig.... Calvin Johnson will be a stud... He's easily the best college WR out there, and would easily be a top 5 draft pick next year if he was eligible....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:36 pm

CC:

What are your thoughts on Greg Jennings (W. Michigan)?

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:14 pm

CC: How about Mario Wlliams while your at it. Thanks?

I think he as every single entangible to be great in the NFL, it all depends on whether he makes the leap early.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to College Football