Question regarding next yrs draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Question regarding next yrs draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:18 pm

For the record, when I said I had Hass ranked around 8 or 9, I meant of the WRs.

Plindsey: I don't know a ton about Jennings (only seen him once). He has good size and great speed, and he dominated in the only game I saw (vs. Michigan St.) he looks like he could be a solid NFL WR, a nice sleeper coming from a small school.

Packman: I have Mario Williams 4th in my rankings for this years class. I am a big fan. You'll read more on my opinion about him when my article comes out.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:36 pm

[quote="Canadian_Cheesehead"]Plindsey: I don't know a ton about Jennings (only seen him once). He has good size and great speed, and he dominated in the only game I saw (vs. Michigan St.) he looks like he could be a solid NFL WR, a nice sleeper coming from a small school.

When was that? 2003? Jennings had a pretty good game that day if I recall right. Two tds right? WMU kept that game pretty close for the most part. I think Jennings got a garbage time td late too...not discounting it.

Ahh..the memories. Of course, MSU traditionally makes most WRs look amazing though. :~(
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Hitchcock » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:03 pm

As far as my team, I think it's obvious that the Ravens' def. need a new QB as well as coach. Ravens need to trade up (if their not already going to be there) and get Chris Leak (if he comes out early, and is avaliable).

We know Leinhart will be #1 QB chosen, but after that......
Leak >>>>>>>> Any other QB. Vince Young will be like a mini-vick, except w/o as much arm strength and maybe even less accuarcy.

I've already started the Ravens drafting Leak foundation...... it's not to late to join in.
Don't Throw Rocks At The Throne

Big thanks to deluxe for the sig.
Hitchcock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:29 pm

1. Leak will not enter this draft.
2. The Ravens won't have to trade up to get him, he is a borderline 1st round pick when he comes out.
3. Vince Young and Omar Jacobs are better prospects for this year than Leak. Henne, Ainge, and Brohm are better prospects next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Hitchcock » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:34 pm

Vince Young will do sh!t in the NFL. Omar I think has a lot better chance than Young down the line.

Ainge????? Sucks, he lost his job on top of everything. I honestly don't know what team Brohm plays for so I will hold off any comments until I figure out who he is.

Although Young and Jacobs both going 2-3 in this years draft.....
Leak still >>>>>> Ainge, Henne.
Don't Throw Rocks At The Throne

Big thanks to deluxe for the sig.
Hitchcock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:44 pm

Ainge has the tools, I think he will get back on track next year.
Henne is definitely a better prospect than Leak, Leak is too short and is playing in a system that does not fit his strengths at all.

I would have said the same about Young prior to this year, but he is actually moving the chains through the air now as well.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:29 pm

Hrmm, where does the put the best RB in College Football (Besides Peterson) Maroney? I'm thinking he's a top 10'er for sure, No?
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:54 pm

Hitchcock wrote:Vince Young will do sh!t in the NFL. Omar I think has a lot better chance than Young down the line.

Ainge????? Sucks, he lost his job on top of everything. I honestly don't know what team Brohm plays for so I will hold off any comments until I figure out who he is.

Although Young and Jacobs both going 2-3 in this years draft.....
Leak still >>>>>> Ainge, Henne.

I'm sorry man, but I'm as big a Gator homer as you will find (missed one home game in 8 years and been to a ton of the road games as well), and Chris Leak would be lucky to get drafted at this point.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:09 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Hrmm, where does the put the best RB in College Football (Besides Peterson) Maroney? I'm thinking he's a top 10'er for sure, No?

Actually he will probably be the 3rd back selected in this years draft behind Reggie Bush and DeAngelo Williams. If you haven't heard of Williams you are getting your notice now. He is the real deal. I'm not saying the rankings I am generating now will hold strong come draft time, but currently Maroney would probably be a mid-1st round pick.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:57 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Hrmm, where does the put the best RB in College Football (Besides Peterson) Maroney? I'm thinking he's a top 10'er for sure, No?

Actually he will probably be the 3rd back selected in this years draft behind Reggie Bush and DeAngelo Williams. If you haven't heard of Williams you are getting your notice now. He is the real deal. I'm not saying the rankings I am generating now will hold strong come draft time, but currently Maroney would probably be a mid-1st round pick.

Ohh yeah, I know who Williams is, #20 on Memphis. Very good Back. B-)
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to College Football