Time to go Gonzo... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to go Gonzo...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to go Gonzo...

Postby Warpigs » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:29 am

I don't do much in the way of predicting, but when I get a strong gut feeling, I like to share it here since many times it turns out to be correct. Last week, my gut said to go Jurevicius, and for the next month, I think he'll be a solid WR2 for most teams.

However, right now, I think it is imperative to offer a trade for Tony Gonzalez in your league. He has been a MAJOR disappointment for people who drafted him in the third-fourth round. People are looking for outs, and there have been several TEs who have produced fairly well that many owners would jump for at this point -- especially if your league's Tony G owner is struggling in the standings.

Why target him right now? Firstly, because his struggles to start the season so far are largely not his fault. There are no injuries (that I know of). The contributing factor for Gonzalez's stinky numbers is that he's being used a TON in the blocking schemes because of Willie Roaf's injury. For those who haven't already heard -- Mr. Roaf is back for week six.

Second reason is because Gonzo has started to make some noise in the organization that he wants the ball. Sure, the Chiefs will continue to ride their running game, but they also know just how valuable Gonzo is. They'll want to keep him happy. For short-term measures, I expect him to have a very solid week six outing because of this. Let me point out now that one good outing by Gonzo now, and you can kiss your chances of trading for him in a value position goodbye.

Overall, I don't know if I've ever felt this strongly about someone who should be targeted right away.

Good luck!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:49 am

Good call on Gonzo there.

Id like to see recent completed trades landing Gonzo - just to get an idea of how much he should cost to get on average.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:07 am

I got Gonzo two weeks ago for Thomas Jones. I am currently offerring a multi-player trade for he and Priest in my other league (for Jordan, Witten, and Hasselbeck). I am looking for a KC offensive explosion.
Last edited by Bowie on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:39 am

I am one of those who drafted TGonz in the 3rd round. But he traditionally starts off slow and finishes strong right around FF playoff time. I have been bombarded with ridiculous offers for TGonz and have rejected each and every one of them -- Clayton for Gonz, Andre Johnson for Gonz, a bag of cleats for Gonz. Whatever. He will start posting numbers this Sunday. ;-D
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:44 am

The Tong G. owner in my league put him on the block last week but hasn't traded him as of yet. I have Shockey and he told me he would take Shockey for him straight up but when I made the offer he countered and wanted one of my RB also. So the deal never got done. I was hoping to land him because they kep saying Roaf would be back after the bye week and Tony wouldn't have to stay in and block anymore.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:44 am

DrSpackle wrote:I am one of those who drafted TGonz in the 3rd round. But he traditionally starts off slow and finishes strong right around FF playoff time. I have been bombarded with ridiculous offers for TGonz and have rejected each and every one of them -- Clayton for Gonz, Andre Johnson for Gonz, a bag of cleats for Gonz. Whatever. He will start posting numbers this Sunday. ;-D

Obviously people are trying to lowball you for him at this point. However - what range of WR would you accept for Gonzo right now? Wayne? Ward? Bennett? SMoss? What about RBs? Cadillac? MMoore? JulieJones? RJohnson? KJ? JLew?

I would like to know what your price would be - and the same question goes out to all Gonzo owners - specifically who would you accept in a trade if you had to give up Gonzo?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:49 am

Bowie wrote:I got Gonzo last week for Keven Curtis (the guy has Alex Smith and really needed a WR). I am currently offerring a multi-player trade for he and Priest in my other league (for Jordan, Witten, and Hasselbeck). I am looking for a KC offensive explosion.

Correction. In my trade that already went through, I gave up Thomas Jones for Gonzo. I was thinking of Curtis because I gave him up for Witten in a different league.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:03 pm

Bowie wrote:
Bowie wrote:I got Gonzo last week for Keven Curtis (the guy has Alex Smith and really needed a WR). I am currently offerring a multi-player trade for he and Priest in my other league (for Jordan, Witten, and Hasselbeck). I am looking for a KC offensive explosion.

Correction. In my trade that already went through, I gave up Thomas Jones for Gonzo. I was thinking of Curtis because I gave him up for Witten in a different league.

Someone was willing to trade you Priest-Gonzo for Jordan-Witten-Hasselbeck? I want to join your leagueQ
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:07 pm

Warpigs wrote:
Bowie wrote:

Someone was willing to trade you Priest-Gonzo for Jordan-Witten-Hasselbeck? I want to join your leagueQ

They have not accepted yet (and won't if they are smart). It's just an offer I threw out there to someone who could really use a QB and has complained relentlessly about Gonzo.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:18 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Good call on Gonzo there.

Id like to see recent completed trades landing Gonzo - just to get an idea of how much he should cost to get on average.

What 'cha got to offer CM ???

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk